Scientist / Physicist - Surrey - £30,000 benefits
Scientist / Physicist - £30,000 + benefits Hampshire / Surrey
Role type: Permanent
Salary: £30,000 basic + benefits
A leading defence and security consultancy are looking to bring in an experienced Acoustic Stealth Scientist to join their team and help them work on a number of next generation projects and programmes to support the design through modelling and experimental characterisation of materials for military and commercial clients.
- This is an experimental role, the team have a number of facilities,
- The role is taking charge from a taking from physics element
- Undertake and lead work programmes which will involve the design, fabrication and characterisation of stealth materials
- Maintenance of some of the team's laboratories and equipment
- Team working - looking to ownership of trials,
- Labs process, software programming code
- Reporting writing
- No theoretical physics - how does it work in reality and implementing
Experience and skills required:
- Acoustics experience/knowledge, preferably underwater
- PHD in relevant area
- Experience/understanding of acoustics measures and data acquisition methods
- Evidence of leading tasks - must be able to take control of own work and talks
- Use of analytical software packages, (MATLAB or MathCAD);
- Relevant technical experience working in a science or engineering role
- Demonstrable experience of acoustical measurement and data acquisition methods, applied to underwater bodies or objects e.g. through the use of hydrophones.
- Ideally, demonstrable expertise in the use of analytical modelling of underwater acoustics and the application of modelling technologies in materials design.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a prestigious organisation who will enable you to work on exciting, cutting edge and solution based portfolio of projects and programmes - making a difference for their mission critical clients.
You will be provided with fantastic career opportunities and the ability to work on a spectrum of next generation scientific projects.
If you would like to apply for the position in confidence please click the apply button or email your CV to Tara Bidar -
Please note candidates must be eligible to undergo Security Clearance and Developed Vetting procedures.