DVLA - Cloud Engineer
DVLA - Cloud Engineer
Permanent positions based in Swansea OR Bristol - £37,428 to £60,649. The role may attract a DigiTec allowance of up to £15k depending on skills and experience.
Would you like the opportunity to contribute to the development and support of new DVLA IT services? If so, our roles will provide the challenge you are looking for.
The DVLA is a major organisation whose services reach into to every household in the UK and is recognised as a government leader in its drive to embrace the digital age. This is a unique opportunity for an I.T. Professional to join the team, as the DVLA navigates on an exciting journey through a major program of work to transform its legacy I.T. estate to a suite of modern services that are fit for the digital age.
This a fabulous opportunity for a passionate and driven individual to be part of the team that builds world class digital services using the latest technologies and DEVOPS techniques. You will be a key contributor that will build and continuously improve the critical container centric cloud platform that is critical to and will underpin DVLA's ability to achieve its transformation goal to deliver a world class digital service.
You will have the opportunity to:-
- Benefit from the DVLA's extensive learning and career development interactive portals
- Gain certifications, utilise study leave and attend government technologies forums
- Work in a team with like-minded focused, enthusiastic and professional DEVOPS engineers.
- Work on your own initiative
- Take responsibility for large and small changes - including building and designing components and tools
- Analyse and resolve delivery issues
- Monitor technology performance and identify opportunities to improve it - continual improvement ethos
- Develop and maintain good relationships with stakeholders across the business
- Providing technical leadership and accountability for their outcomes (G7 level)
- Contribute to, and support, organisational change and embrace new ways of working.
Qualifications & Experience
You should also have experience of some or all of the following:-
- Standardised Automated Deployment (Essential)
- Infrastructure as Code (Desirable)
- Cloud Computing Providers e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure (Essential)
- Building immutable infrastructure (Desirable)
- Cloud Security (Desirable)
- Blue/Green deployment (Desirable)
- Continuous Integration (Desirable)
- Continuous Deployment (Desirable)
- Agile methodologies and practices (Desirable)
- Applying governance and assurance throughout the development life-cycle (Essential for G7 role)
- Produce quality and coherent documentation (Essential)
It would also be desirable to for the candidate demonstrate experience of some of the following technologies:-
- Amazon Web Services
- Microsoft Azure
- Docker and Docker EE
- Elastic Stack
- Atlassian tools (Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket)
Interested? Apply here today!
DVLA will not discriminate on grounds of age, disability, gender, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, those with caring responsibilities, part time workers or any other factor