Security Manager - Projects
AWE are currently recruiting a Security Manager to work within the Company on a permanent basis.Line managed by the Head of Security Strategy, the Security Manager will work within the delivery team for a large high-security capital project, ensuring that all security matters are planned and managed appropriately as the facility transitions from being a project to an operational facility.The AWE Security Department is always seeking to recruit high calibre personnel from across the organisations and agencies which have a defence, security or intelligence remit. Working in a complex high security environment, employees can expect to be involved in planning, delivering and assuring security for a broad range of assets, and to benefit from considerable personal and career development opportunities.Key Accountabilities
- Ensure the delivery of all security-related training necessary to enable armed and unarmed security forces and staff to operate effectively in the facility.
- Ensure the satisfactory performance of security systems, infrastructure and equipment once installed to enable security to be maintained to the required standards.
- Manage and influence relevant stakeholders to ensure that the development of new security capabilities and processes are appropriately integrated and optimised.
- Coordinate the planning and conduct of armed security force operations.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in security, environment, safety, health, and quality, and be a great team player.
- You will have experience Ideally from within the following Institutions: Royal Military Police, RAF Police, Combat Arm of the Armed Forces - Infantry/Royal Marines, MI5/MI6 - Operational Experience, Police - Inspector/Chief Inspector level, essential Firearms training.
- You should have a good standard of education and be able to comprehend, analyse and communicate security issues.
- You will preferably be a member of the Security Institute or similar professional security body and have project management qualifications or experience.
- Prince 2/APMP
Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role at AWE.