Community Support Volunteer
Vista changes lives. We are the leading charity working with children and adults with sight loss in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
- To provide information, practical advice and guidance about sight loss.
- Through this flexible role you will be based
in community centres, health centres or eye clinics or travelling in our Vehicle Mobile Support Service across different locations within the city and county.
- To engage with people in key locations within the community may be at risk of losing their sight.
- To Provide eye screenings to public
- To help deliver information about the prevention of sight loss and research other venues to visit.
- Offer opportunities to access support within the local communities.
- To promote Vista in community and events and to publicise our valuable services.
Qualities and skills we are looking for:
- Genuine interest in supporting people with sight loss or at risk of losing their sight
- Patience and good listening skills
- Good communication skills
Support provided for you:
- Full Induction and Visual Impairment Awareness training
- Full training on how to screen eyes to assess health of eyes
- Training about products we demonstrate.
- Reasonable reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or public transport costs.
We hope that by becoming a volunteer you:
- Feel rewarded and empowered
- Increase your own self confidence
- Develop your language and communication skills
- Meet new and interesting people in your community
- Develop new skills and share your knowledge and skills
- Learn new skills that could be helpful for future employment opportunities or further learning
Health & Safety:
- Take reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others whom may be affected by their acts or omissions whilst volunteering with Vista.
This volunteering opportunity is suitable for volunteers aged 18 years and above and is subject to a DBS check and two references.