Senior Internal Auditor - Bristol with flexible working
This diverse, innovative and fast-paced financial services group has a turnover of $2bn, employs 16,000 people and operates in over 90 countries globally. With a successful track record of acquisitions, it continues to have ambitious plans for growth and is going through some exciting change programs. However, culturally, the business retains an honest, friendly and down to earth atmosphere. There is a strong culture of employee engagement, training/development and of work-life balance where flexible-working and even some home working is supported.
As part of the EMEA Audit function, take responsibility for planning, delivering and reporting on a wide range of audits – primarily in UK but there could be up to 10% travel in Europe. As a key member of the EMEA team, you will also be a champion of change – recommending improvements and continually developing key stakeholder relationships right across the wider business.
- Reporting into the EMEA head of Audit, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Risk-based Audit Planning that is focused on protecting and enhancing value across the region
- Delivering high quality, well controlled, independent and objective audits with a focus on value adding recommendations
- Effective Audit Program Management to ensure the timely delivery of audit plans and mitigation of delivery obstacles.
- Maintaining effective communication with confidence both within audit and throughout the business with regional business heads and line management.
- Be a facilitator for change, including identifying enhancement opportunities and challenging the status quo.
As the ideal candidate you will:
- Demonstrate a minimum of 3 years’ experience in either external or internal audit or related governance area such as Internal Controls or Risk
- Preferably have experience of/exposure to the financial services sector
- Preferably have or be studying for an appropriate audit or similar qualification (eg CIA, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP, ACA)
On offer is a salary of £40,000-£50,000 according to experience plus a great benefits package including pension, shareholder incentive plan, flexi-benefits. Please note that you must be eligible to work in the UK without the need for sponsorship to be considered for this opportunity.