Careers focused on people
Spire Gatwick Park Hospital has some exciting opportunities for Ward Nurses to join our Surgical Ward team. You will have the opportunity to work across our 2 state of the art Wards with exposure to a wide variety of specialties and expert consultants.. Working with a wide variety of specialisms you will be able to develop your clinical skills in a modern and supportive environment.
Spire Gatwick Park Hospital is just a few miles away from Gatwick Airport. Central London and Victoria station are a 30 minute train ride away. Spire Gatwick Park Hospital consist of two outpatient areas, plus a Bupa Health Assessment centre. There are two ward areas with 29 single rooms, two bedded emergency recovery unit with sixteen bedded day care unit, plus five single rooms. There are three operating theatres - two with laminar flow
We commit to our employees well-being through training, support and reward. We offer employees a market competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
Excellent work life balance, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, contributory pension scheme, Life assurance, Private medical insurance, Wellness screening, Eyesight tests, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to work, Discount portal (including cash back and reloadable cards). All Spire Hospitals also offer free parking and a subsidised staff canteen.
Duties and responsibilities
- Part of a multidisciplinary team working alongside experienced consultants committed to the care of patients.
- Demonstrating good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions and contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedures and research based care and other practice development initiatives.
- This is an opportunity to work within a wide spectrum of surgical specialties such as cardiothoracic, thoracic, orthopaedics, general surgery, gynaecology, neurosurgery and plastics
Part of the culture at Spire is to encourage and bring out the best in the workforce by supporting very personalised development plans and learning from the current senior and very experienced team. You will be involved in many working groups within the hospital and be given full support in acquiring new specialty skills.
Who we are looking for
- NMC Registered
- Previous experience of working with Surgical wards and competence across a range of nursing skills supported by professional and clinical knowledge.
- Experience of caring for Interventional Cardiology and Cardiothoracic patients would be desirable, as would experience of working within a private healthcare setting
Who are we
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group with 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and two Specialist Cancer Care Centres across England, Wales and Scotland. We deliver to the highest standard of care, and we've been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for nearly 40 years. A career at Spire Healthcare offers variety, development and outstanding teamwork
Join us, share our values and invest in your future. With opportunities to learn and develop your own skills, you can help us build on our reputation for excellent service.