Your new life starts here
Our client Is an award-winning branding agency based in Shoreditch. They create brands that inspire people to think, experiences that inspire people to act, spaces that inspire people to feel, and cultures that inspire people to deliver.
In practice they use research and insights to define powerfully simple brand concepts for their clients that they then express through customer experiences, graphic design, and interior design.
Right now, they're focussed on growing their boutique hotel, property, and large corporate client portfolios and they'd love for you get on board to make them as famous for their strategic thinking as they are for their creative.
What's the role?
They're looking for a brand strategist. Someone who can:
- Research the insights and issues that keep clients up at night.
- Investigate where clients sit in their markets, why, and the trends set to shape their world.
- Identify who clients' audiences are, who they could be, and what they care about most.
- Uncover what makes their clients unique, why that is, and how they can use those traits to their advantage.
- Harness that information into clear, logical arguments that identify the biggest opportunities their clients can take with their brand.
- Present their insights simply and clearly to both their clients and their creative team, to give them a strategic platform to build upon.
- Create brand concepts alongside the team to help their clients stand out in their markets, galvanise their cultures, reimagine their customer experiences, and nail their KPIs.
You'll be the sole in-house strategist, so this is a huge opportunity to develop the role in your own image – effectively defining how you believe strategy should be done inside the agency.
You'll have their backing every step of the way.
What you'll do day-to-day
Investigate their clients' situations
Doing whatever it takes to get the insights you need to find the truth of where their clients are now, where they should be, and how to get them there. It could be you run workshops, interviews, market research, vox pops, social media insight, data analytics – if you can justify the method to the client, you can do it.
Create insight-led brand concepts
Using the information you've gathered to create the seed of a brand concept. That central idea the client can use to recentre their business around.
Supporting new business pitches and proposals
You'll be on-the-pulse of the hotels and hospitality sectors and many others, and our client will put that knowledge to good use. They'll use data insights from your past lives, as well as your latest research and thinking to add real credibility to their pitches and proposals.
Helping to create their own content marketing
Provocative opinions are one thing, but provocative opinions backed by solid evidence are a cut above. The team will work closely with you to pull your insights into great content that showcases your strategic credentials and genuinely helps their audiences think clearly about the issues they're facing.
What you'll need
- 3-5 years' experience working as a strategist or similar in an agency environment.
- A strong portfolio of brand concept work, including strategy presentations you've delivered (bonus points if they've been turned into concepts and beautiful identities you can show off).
- A solid understanding of the international hospitality, F+B and hotel sector.
- Seriously strong investigative skills: ideally in areas like desk research, interviews, workshops and market research. A genuinely curious mindest.
- The ability to create the sort of arguments that are so clear, so evidence based, and so compellingly delivered that the brand concept the agency presents at the end of them are an absolute no-brainer for their clients to sign off.
- Commercial nous: the ability to spot an opportunity to help clients more than they currently do, and enough entrepreneurial spirit to go ahead and take it.
- If you've been involved in creating content marketing in your time as well, it'd be a great asset to have and the agency would love to see it in your portfolio.
In return you'll get
- Up to £65k
- 25+ days holiday
- The opportunity to become a partner in the business
- Flexible working opportunities
- Achingly hipster communal offices inside Shoreditch House
- Shoreditch House membership (at Shoreditch House's discretion, but they'll pay for it)
If you think you've got the enthusiasm, drive, curiosity, and skill it takes to be the Strategist they're looking for, send us your CV and portfolio with a short covering letter letting us know why you'd be great for the role.
More searches like this
- Media & Advertising Research & Analysis £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Technology & New Media Research & Analysis £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Marketing & PR Research & Analysis £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Travel, Leisure & Tourism Research & Analysis £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)