This company was set up by two engineers in 1992 to solve a problem, and that's what they have been doing ever since. They employ strong intellect; they build great expertise; and they work on the challenges that others avoid.
They are currently recruiting for an Electrical Design Engineer to join their Swindon team. They need someone experienced with AutoCAD with a strong background in electrical engineering.
You will be joining a busy team and although you will be trained on their products you will need enough experience and knowledge to understand the requirements and be able to read and understand electrical schematic diagrams. Applicants who have a qualification in a related area, or can show equivalent experience on their CV, will be at an advantage.
Some of the tasks the job will involve are:
- Receive customer requests and identify the requirements
- Cost estimation for design engineering related opportunities
- Design and produce voltage control and protection electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, cable diagrams and any other engineering drawing as deemed necessary by the Projects stream within the company
- Design control panels and produce general arrangement drawings and bills of material
- Test and commission control panels and control schemes
They want to be a great place to work so they are looking for people who share our values to deliver a quality service to customers and support their colleagues as part of their friendly team.
They are looking for the following in a candidate:
- A strong background in general electrical engineering and electrical circuit theory
- Able to read, understand and communicate through technical specifications and drawings and demonstrate a good standard of verbal and written English
- Can produce electrical design schematics for substations using AutoCAD electrical
- Experienced producing schematics, wiring diagrams, core and cable schedules and control panel general arrangements in 2D and 3D
- Can produce bill of material files (BOMs/QOMs) and customer quotes through customer specification documents and requirements capturing
- Can provide excellent customer support
In return they offer:
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Company sick pay on completion of probation
- Pension (as part of their auto enrolment duties)
- Life Assurance
- 24/7 Employee Helpline
- Baguette Friday! (optional subsidised lunch deal on a Friday)
If you have a knowledge of some of the above areas, a willingness to develop in others, and deliver WOW with a 'yes we can' attitude, then they would like to talk with you.