Lead Digital Copywriter
A leading global financial institution is seeking a Lead Digital Copywriter based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Lead Digital Copywriter will lead and elevate user experience & design as well as the wider digital teams by creating clear, elegant English (potentially other native languages too), with suitable communication for international audiences from all backgrounds and for all devices supported by the global operation. They will support production of high-quality and accurate copy across print, digital and social channels while supporting production of marketing- and service-related digital messaging working within challenging guidelines.
The Lead Digital Copywriter will support production of long and short-form copy appropriate to a variety of project goals and audiences. They will optimise and reconfigure existing internal and external communications to adhere to UX best practice. Additionally, they will assist colleagues by proofing output as required and work across a variety of projects, ensuring adequate and appropriate prioritisation.
The role holder will also be required to have line management accountability for a team, in which case a proportion of their time (circa 20-30%) will be people-focused rather than task-focused.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and possess the following:
- People experience in customer-focused organisations, in disciplines such as digital, design or product management.
- English copywriting qualifications or equivalent.
- Strong experience of User Centred Design methodology and its practical implementation.
- Expert in best practice when writing for the web.
- Good understanding of user experience and web best practice.
- Highly experienced in multi-channel content creation (web, print, mobile, tablet).
- Management/leadership experience; supporting, motivating and developing others.
- Familiar with prototyping tools, basic Photoshop skills and word-processing software.
- Subject matter expertise of channel, including technical, commercial, marketplace and customer considerations.
- Innovative – the ability to approach things differently or do different things to deliver goals.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to explain complex or technical issues.
- Good relationship management skills to satisfy a wide range of internal and external stakeholders with conflicting priorities.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation of projects and tasks.
- Good experience working with agencies, particularly for usability testing.
- High levels of resilience and self-motivation.
Closing dates for applications 17th December 2018