Residential Support Worker
We want to hear from caring, enthusiastic and dedicated team players with a can-do approach who really care about the needs of young people.
This is a rewarding opportunity to work with children in a residential care setting, providing day to day support, guidance and activities to children and teenagers, our aim and yours should be to transform the lives of looked-after children. Applications are therefore welcomed from experienced Residential Children’s Care Workers with proven ability to support young people who have been the victims of trauma and are extremely vulnerable.
As a Residential Children’s Worker, every day will be different and you won’t find a more rewarding career
Essential Job Requirements
- Ability to work alongside staff teams to provide a high level of care.
- Encourage the young people to be motivated and take part activities, education and extracurricular activities.
- Provide a safe environment for the young people in our care.
- Ensure record keeping and administrative duties are met including care plans and all relevant paperwork is updated.
- Be flexible and able to undertake shift work including weekends and sleep-ins.
- Full UK driving licence and a car available for work use with business insurance.
- Diploma Level 3 qualified in Children and Young Persons Workforce, Social Work Degree or equivalent or willingness to work towards the above Level 3 qualification.
- Knowledge of current legislation.
- Experience of Ofsted inspections.
- Understanding of attachment and trauma in relation to young people.
Our Client committed to its employees. As a company in addition to a competitive salary we offer many additional benefits to our employees:
- Pension Auto-enrolment
- Pay Care Scheme, this is a company health care benefit.
- Perk Box, this allows the employees to get discounts or free offers on hundreds of well known high street brands.
- Annual Leave Service Award
- Childcare vouchers, aiming to assist employees with families.
The salary for the Residential Children's Support Worker role will be dependent on the level of qualifications and experience.
The successful applicant for the Residential Children’s Worker role will be expected to demonstrate commitment to training and development and must be capable of adapting their work practice to the ethos of the home.