Personal Care Assistant
Do you want to make a difference to someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Personal Care Assistants to provide outstanding care and support to our service users living with additional healthcare needs in their own homes in Neston, Chester, Wrexham, Warrington and the surrounding areas.
With Newcross, you have the benefit of choosing full time or part time hours to suit you and your needs. We also provide our staff with a minimum hours guarantee as part of their permanent contracts, thereby enabling them to enjoy the security of a steady income.
Additionally, our 'Flexi Pay' pay scheme allows healthcare staff to have access to
'same day pay' through our HealthForceGo
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for a variety of different tasks that will enable our service users to live as independently as possible. The tasks include providing assistance with personal care, social activities, clinical requirements and any other services needed.
The ideal candidate will be compassionate, positive and ready for the occasional challenge.
Our Shrewsbury Team
Newcross Healthcare Shrewsbury is located in Shrewsbury Business Park, near Percy Throwers Garden Centre and Shrewsbury Town Football Ground.
We cover areas such from Whitchurch, Telford, Ludlow, Newtown and all towns in between.
Shrewsbury in Shropshire houses the tallest Doric Column in England.
- Salary of up to £13.10/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Skills & Development
Take advantage of a wide range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. They include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
You could also have the chance to study towards a range of national vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.