Email & Social Media Executive
Opportunity: Email & Social Media Executive
Location: Uxbridge, Greater London
This role will be responsible for the successful creation and implementation of our global email and social media communications programmes working in alignment with and supporting the Group Marketing content plan as well as building the governance and workflows to be used by the local marketing teams to execute on local markets communication plans.
Supporting the Head of Marketing communication to develop the email and social media strategy with accountability for content publishing, and responsible for pushing forward the social agenda to create an innovative and impactful social media presence.
The email and social media executive will be the owner of Coats’s marketing automation software (Marketo, Sprinklr etc.). Working together with the graphics design team and 3rd party agencies to design, code, test and deploy email & social media communications with management of the marketing databases ensuring they align with and support the wider overarching marketing strategy and content plan.
Supported by the Head of Brand to ensure all assets align with both Coats brand guidelines and brand positioning (Connecting, Pioneering, Trusted.) devising engaging and imaginative nurturing programs across the customer funnel from acquisition through to retention.
The role has an international scope to support the execution of email and social media programmes lead by the Group Marketing team in all markets that Coats operate in across Europe, Asia and North America. As well as developing the workflows and governance to oversee and facilitate the local markets email and social media communications.
Day to Day activities:
- Owning the email communications plan from end to end - managing the daily set-up of one-time, automated and ongoing email campaigns including creating/coding and editing email templates, manage targeting and segmentation, scheduling, editing, and deployment to drive customer interactions and retention and to push engagement with Coats.com delivering on time and within budget.
- Accountable for setting the social media strategy and reviewing on an annual basis
- Work across teams to manage and communicate the global email deployment schedule, adequately assigning resource and timescales to meet agreed business deadlines
- Responsible for delivering best in class, cross-channel integrated social marketing campaigns by leading creative, media, content creation and implementation.
- Collaborating with the wider marketing team for content proposals to be used across social media channels and email
- Set, adapt and deliver against organic and paid KPIs for campaigns and always on activity.
- Working with the Customer Service teams to build an agile CS strategy and robust escalation process.
- Collaborating directly with the social networks to improve long-term planning and new media opportunities.
- Working with external agencies (creative, digital and media planning) to ensure accurate responses to briefs and delivery of best in class campaigns that perform to the objectives set.
- Working with a translation agency and local resources to build a review network to ensure global content is translated according to its target market supported by the Technology team as required
- Accountable for the tracking and measurement of social, and email communications. Optimise against key metrics including CTR, open rates etc.
- Identify opportunities through continuous data analysis of performance metrics and draw actionable insights which can be incorporated into our marketing programmes via reports to the Head of Marketing Communication
- Manage a continuous, meticulously planned and documented testing plan, monitoring performance to continually improve the performance of the email and social channels.
- Engage stakeholders at all levels in the wider business with a focus on how social marketing can drive brand warmth and conversions with focus on tangible ROI
- Oversee daily engagement within social media communities to add value and stimulate conversation with and among customers.
- Maintain brand and channel standards with superb attention to detail, engaging with the Head of Brand to facilitate
- Track email best practices, monitor industry trends, and make recommendations.
Supporting the local marketing teams:
- Develop a series of Marketo email templates to be used within the Group Marketing content plan. Developing and maintaining a library of standard asset templates for use across the local marketing teams
- Support the local marketing teams to execute email and social media content in alignment with the overarching Group Marketing content plan using a central management tool
- Using data and technology to send the right message to the right customer at the right time through the right channel
- Be a super user of our global customer database systems (Marketo, Dynamics, SAP)
- Produce regular key reports summarising the health and performance of our contact marketing database
- Be innovative in growing the customer database and developing programmes to nurture different customer demographics using data to create actionable insights to help improve customer journey, metrics and sales
- Working together with the Analytics & Insights Manager to provide regular reports to Group Marketing and the wider business.
- Ensure Coats adheres to best practise with regards to customer data management
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with Marketo
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in email marketing
- Ability to correlate data and translate it into usable and understandable verbal communication
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-functional business skills, including a demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with key team leaders.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment and collaborate effectively as a team
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics
- Knowledge of Industry
- Experience on CMS platforms
- Experience with Web application integration and third-party product integration preferred.
- Previous experience managing Web projects.
Please apply via the button below.