More about the job:
As a Health Care Assistant (HCA / Carer) you will be involved in all aspects of our residents' individual, personal care and encourage residents to participate in recreational activities, supporting them to lead a dignified and fulfilling life.
Our Health Care Assistants deliver the highest standards of person centred care whilst respecting residents’ independence and choice. We will offer you training from day one and support with ongoing career development.
This position is offered as a Bank Contract, therefore there are no fixed hours.
More about you:
You don’t need any previous experience or qualifications to be a Health Care Assistant. Much more important are your personal qualities and values. You will be friendly, kind, honest, reassuring and an effective communicator, equally comfortable to act on instructions or work on your own initiative and you'll enjoy being part of a close-knit team.
More about our benefits:
- we offer truly competitive rates of pay plus excellent enhancements
- support with studies and diploma qualifications (depending on job role)
- excellent inductions, training and ‘on the job’ support
- you’ll be trained to the nationally recognised ‘care certificate’ standard
- we provide fantastic homely environments
- work with friendly teams and a great support network of internal professionals
- offer real career progression opportunities
- reward you for recommending others to work for Colten Care
- we annually review salaries and hourly pay rates
- paid breaks
- additional hours / overtime opportunities
- hot meals on duty, choose from the daily menu
- free uniforms provided
- contributory pension scheme
- background checks at no cost to you
More about us:
Colten Care is an expanding family-owned business with 20 beautifully appointed care homes across Dorset, Hampshire, Wiltshire and West Sussex. Our services include residential, general nursing, dementia and short-stay care. We are a prestigious, award-winning healthcare provider that champions the latest approaches to person-centred care. Each of our homes has a distinct character while retaining that all-important sense of ‘home.’ We play an active role in furthering dementia friendly communities as part of our work.
Our aims are simple: to be recognised as both the care home ‘provider of choice’ and ‘employer of choice.’
Note: Your employment is subject to the receipt of two satisfactory job references plus an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) background check.