Restaurant Assistant - 5pm to 8pm shift
Do you want to work in luxurious, modern kitchen and restaurant facilities? Are you looking for a job where you can develop and grow in your role? Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of our residents? Is being valued for what you do important?
About the role.
The Restaurant Assistant works at the 'front of house' to support the Catering Service, ensuring that highest standards or service are maintained and excellent customer care is delivered in Food and Beverage. You will be part of a valued team where support and career development is provided - helping you, to provide the highest standard of care.
Specific duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to;
- Supporting the Restaurant Manager and other Catering staff to deliver all catering services throughout the home, ensuring resident choice, dignity, confidentiality and safety are maintained.
- Maintaining full awareness of menu content, service procedures and any other relevant information.
- Delivering prepared food from the kitchen to the dining room or appropriate area, and serving meals to residents in a pleasant and friendly manner.
- Resetting tables, tidying work areas and preparing the food service areas for the next service.
- Participation in events held at the Signature home.
- Advising the Restaurant Manager and Care Services staff concerning any changes in a resident's dietary habits, in particular reporting and noting any instances where a resident refuses food.
Experience isn't a necessary for this role - We are looking for someone with a great attitude and is keen to learn, as full training will be provided. The following attributes will be key in being successful in this role;
- Ability to communicate and manage interpersonal relationships
- A friendly and cheerful disposition
- Team player, decisive, self-motivated, proactive, flexible and adaptable individual.
- Excellent customer service skills and a desire to deliver good service to our elderly residents during their meal times.
About our Benefits.
Here at Signature we recognise that extra special efforts should not go unrewarded and that is why we provide a number of special incentives and bonuses that can be earned throughout your time working for the company.
- Extremely competitive pay rates
- Sociable working hours in a supportive and friendly team
- Free uniforms that are both attractive and practical
- Free eye care tests and options for funding towards future spectacles if required
- Cycle to work scheme
- Study support
- A variety of online retail, holiday and motor related discounts
- Refer a friend and get a cash bonus of up to £1000
- Competitive company pension scheme
About the Company.
Signature is delivering a new standard of nursing homes in the UK. Signature is a unique and inspiring group of homes, where care and lifestyle go hand in hand.These homes offer residents a relaxing, safe environment where they can enjoy comfort, companionship, independence - and their own front door.
Signatures vision is "delivering peace of mind", peace of mind for the residents that they will be cared for and supported within our homes to live safe and fulfilled lives. Peace of mind of their families knowing that their loved ones are being well cared for and peace of mind for our employees knowing that they will be trained and provided with development opportunities to continue to build their capabilities to enable them to be the best they can be.
Signature is also featured in the London Stock Exchange (LSE) 1000 companies to inspire Britain, an annual celebration of some of the fastest growing and most dynamic small and medium sized enterprises!
Sound like a company you would like to work for? Then what are you waiting for, click apply today and let's get started!