Consultant General Surgeon - Bristol
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Consultant General Surgeon to join our multidisciplinary team at our Treatment Centre based in Bristol. They only treat NHS patients and they are focused on providing the best possible, personalised care.
The site offers state of the art operating facilities with care provided by highly trained clinical professionals who are able to take advantage of some of the best training and development opportunities in healthcare. They offer day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, ophthalmology, and urology. In addition they also provide diagnostic services, using the latest X-ray and ultrasound technology.
Relocation packages are available for anyone who is interested in relocating to Bristol.
As a Consultant General Surgeon, you will be performing a range of general surgical procedures on patients referred to the Treatment Centre, working in accordance with Treatment Centre protocols and working practices.
You will participate in the outpatient evaluation of patients prior to surgery, and in all aspects of the peri-operative care of patients.
It is anticipated that about three days will be spent in the operating theatre and two days a week on outpatient evaluation and management of patients referred to the centre.
Applicants will be required to demonstrate a high level of operative skill in the following areas:
- Inguinal, Femoral, and other Hernia Repair - both Open and Laparoscopic
- Haemorrhoidectomy and other Perianal Procedures
- Cholecystectomy - both Open and Laparoscopic.
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Minor Surgical Procedures
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Extensive knowledge and skills of relevant surgical practice
- Relevant experience and training in the performance of laparoscopic procedures
- Wide training and experience in surgery
- The ability to offer expert clinical opinion on range of problems within general surgery
- UK registerable Medical Degree
- MBChB or evidence of equivalent qualification
- FRCS or equivalent
- Full and Specialist GMC Registration in general surgery
TFS Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
TFS Healthcare will make reasonable adjustments and provide support for anyone who needs it either to apply or to succeed in the role. We will also support people to access our clients' organisations with sensitivity, respect and care.