Registered Nurse (Adult) or Registered Mental Health Nurse
Registered Nurse - Bupa Care Homes
Havelock Court Care Home, 6 Wynne Road, Stockwell, London,
£13.23 - £16.32 + £5000 Welcome to Bupa Bonus
Equivalent to NHS Band 5 & 6
If you're a highly motivated RGN or RMN with a valid NMC PIN Number, consider a move to Bupa Care Homes. We provide expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to around 9,000 people in over 140 UK homes. Our aim? To help each and every one of our residents to live longer, healthier and happier lives.
Right now, we're looking for a dedicated Registered Mental Nurse or Registered Nurse to join the team at our care home in Stockwell, London. Whether providing long or short-term care that includes convalescence, respite and palliative care, our focus is on providing the highest quality service at all times. Is yours?
What you'll be doing
- Taking responsibility for the well-being of our residents, including making sure their physical, emotional and social needs are met
- Leading, motivating and mentoring to your team and delivering clinical guidance and training to ensure the safe, smooth and efficient running of the care home
- Carrying out assessments and developing, implementing and evaluating individualised care plans for each of our residents
- Monitoring work areas and practices to ensure they are safe and conform to relevant standards, policies and legislation
- Generally promoting our residents' independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the very best standards of care and striving for continuous improvement
What you'll need
- A demonstrable passion for caring for the elderly and infirm and a flair for helping people maintain their independence and choice in homely surroundings
- A proven ability to lead, motivate and mentor a team, delegate effectively and promote excellent customer relationships
- A willingness to coach, guide and support your team on a daily basis, including providing formal and informal programmes of teaching to colleagues and other care professionals
- A genuine commitment to adhering to the NMC Codes of Conduct and expanding your professional development
- A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature and belief in giving your personal best at all times
What we'll offer you in return
- Autonomy to practice
- Bupa's specially designed Nurse Pathway
- Continuous CPD and access to external scholarships and academic development
- NMC annual pin payment covered (£120)*
- Preceptorship Programme for Newly Qualified Nurses
- Re-validation Champions
- Accelerated Career Progression
- Full time, Part time and bank contracts available
- Staff referral bonus of up to £1000 per referral
- Access to employee health benefits and discounts
- Interest free travel ticket loans
- Recognition schemes including personal bests and annual National Care Home Awards
- Smile Everyday - a health and wellbeing package available to all permanent employees giving access to 24/7 health lines along with online wellbeing tools
- We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
About the Home
Stockwell in south London is the location of Havelock Court, a care home that's recently completed a £550,000 refurbishment, including furnishings and décor. We want to encourage all our residents to be as independent as possible, so there are various areas of the home that are catered specifically to help. For example, we have an 'Activities of Daily Living' kitchen, as well as a gymnasium that's open to all residents - with their GP's consent. There's also a new games area to entertain our younger residents too.
Havelock Court provides care for residents aged 18 and over and specialises in mental health, alcohol, drug and HIV- related dementia care as well as nursing care.
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provides expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to almost 9,000 people in over 140 UK homes. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Passionate about making lives better, every decision we make is because we care. It's why we inspire and support our nurses to put our residents' wellbeing at the heart of everything they do.
Contact the recruitment team on 0800 7835891 or email
Dedicated to making lives better.
Be the nurse you want to be.