Service Manager – Medicine
Medicine Healthcare Group
37.5 hours per week
Monday – Friday
We are looking to appoint an ambitious, highly skilled and motivated individual to take up the post of Service Manager within the Medicine healthcare group. You will have excellent leadership skills and the ability to work with internal and external clinical teams in a very dynamic and demanding environment
The post holder will work in conjunction with clinical, nursing and non-clinical colleagues to ensure the delivery of patient centered, safe, high quality cost effective services through best practice processes. They will lead on operational issues and manage the Cancer and RTT pathways for designated specialties
The Service Manager is responsible for the operational management and the effective and efficient delivery of services provided within the department and manage the Cancer & RTT pathway for designated specialties.. Some of the knowledge, training and experience required to complete the position are detailed below.
- Experience of working in the NHS or equivalent organisation in a management role
- Working knowledge of change management
- An understanding of current NHS issues, including performance targets such as Referral to
- Treatment targets, Cancer Waiting times targets and Emergency Department targets.
- Working knowledge of business planning
- Excellent IT skills, incorporating Microsoft Office suite of products (MS Excel, MS Access, MS Word, MS Power Point and MS Outlook)
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Organisational skills to effectively lead meetings and initiatives.
- Ability to negotiate and influence at a senior level (Lead Doctors, Consultants, Executive team, Senior Managers and others)
- Willingness to challenge existing practices
- Ability to work autonomously and take decisions based on factual evidence
- The ability to grasp critical issues and distil them into clear arguments/ cases and be able to articulate these in verbal or written form
- Flexible/ open minded, to be able to respond appropriately to the changing needs of the service on a daily basis
If you are committed to delivering better care in the NHS, have a strong vision to drive change and would thrive in this dynamic and evolving directorate, then we look forward to hearing from you
For further details / informal visits contact:
Phil Holland - 01279 444455 Ext 2196
The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust believes in investing in all our staff and rewarding high standards of care whilst 'building for excellence' and in return we expect our staff to uphold the Trust values which are Respectful, Caring, Responsible and Committed.
Princess Alexandra Hospital is conveniently located in Harlow, Essex just 25 minute drive to London Stansted Airport and 25 minutes train ride to London Liverpool Street. Harlow also has excellent road connections across England, with the M11, M25, A10, M1 and A1 all on its doorstep.
What we can offer
Full induction process * Structured pay scheme with annual increments * Additional living supplement to your basic salary * Minimum 27days annual leave plus bank holidays ( pro rata for part time staff ) *
NHS Pension scheme * Flexible, family friendly working patterns * Onsite creche facilities * Child care vouchers * Annual appraisals with career pathways * In-house training courses * Discounted hospital restaurant * Onsite accommodation subject to availability.
All new staff joining Princess Alexandra Hospital will be subject to a probation period of 6 months.
Priority for this appointment will be awarded to any officially identified NHS staff 'at risk'
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, and Vulnerable Adults. Offers of employment are subject to pre-employment NHS screening checks.
Providing false or misleading information or unsatisfactory pre-employment checks may result in the offer of a post being withdrawn.
Applicants who have a disability and meet the minimum shortlisting criteria for the post will be invited for the next stage of the recruitment process.
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.Why not Come Home to Harlow and Work with us!