Theatre Practitioner - Northampton
We have opportunities for Theatre Practitioners to join a team of staff in the Theatre department.
These are FULL time roles for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. Shifts will cover Monday-Saturday 8am - 8pm.
Duties of this role include:
- To support, coordinate and actively assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department while managing a delegated team.
- Provide quality planned care for patients during their perioperative phase of care by ensuring all team members deliver quality patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership.
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
Salary & Benefits:
My client is committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to support and lead a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- Orthopaedic experience is highly regarded
- Evidence of working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards.
- Orthopaedic an advantage
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1 (desirable)
- ILS (desirable)
- ALS (desirable)
- External Advanced Scrub Practitioner Qualification (desirable)