Director Of Care
Director of Care
Location: West Sussex
Salary: £60,000 Negotiable
I am currently recruiting for a Director of Care for a very reputable and quality focussed nursing care provider with three Nursing Homes in Sussex and are planning the commissioning of a new service for 75 people. All homes provide nursing and dementia care.
The company is looking to appoint a registered, qualified, experienced Nurse to manage the services effectively under the title Director Of Care. The post holder must have a good understanding and up to date knowledge of working with the Care Quality Commission, as part of the role is to be the Nominated Individual with the regulator. The person will ensure full regulatory and statutory compliance is met, whilst meeting commercial targets. They must therefore have a good understanding of the running of nursing homes, including recruitment and retention of staff.
The post holder will make a key contribution towards delivering the objectives of the business and will be directly accountable to the Managing Directors for operations across all homes.
They will provide leadership, senior management support and quality monitoring to Managers to enable them to feel empowered and able to work effectively to provide a high quality of person centred care to people who use the services.
A key part of the role will be to participate in the commissioning of new and replacement services and the person must have the ability to negotiate professionally with Commissioners and external stakeholders.
Director of care duties:
- Report to the Director of Operations
- Be responsible for ensuring that all staff, policies, and day-to-day business are ethical and CQC compliant
- Manage a large team
- Maintain full and accurate records and reporting systems in accordance with legal requirements and to ensure the effective running of the business
- Identify areas for National expansion and manage care delivery across new locations
- Implement quality management and improvement systems
- Effectively manage complaints and incidents
- Carry out investigations relating to the quality of the service and use findings to make improvements
- Promote the rights of each customer and keep their well-being at the centre of their care and support
- Apply excellent communication skills with customers, their families and representatives, staff and other health and social care professionals to deliver high-quality care services
- Manage the effective induction and training of the field care supervisor, care workers, and other support staff
- Identify ongoing training needs and ensure staff are up to date with current best practice
- Ensure all emergency on-call issues are dealt with effectively, such as covering calls either directly or indirectly when care workers are sick or absent
Requirements for the Director of care;
- A First Level Registered Nurse Qualification with a minimum of 5 years' experience in senior management.
- Knowledge of the care needs of older people.
- Excellent management skills in staff development and best practice.
- A strong commitment to excellent customer service.
- A relevant Nursing qualification and active NMC pin number (RGN / RMN)
- Fast-growing company with great ambitions
- Hardworking team looking to build something to change care in the UK
- 25 days annual leave
- Competitive salary
- Salary of £60,000 per annum negotiable.
Director of Care / £60,000 / Sussex
Apply now to avoid disappointment!