Leading not-for-profit organisation that is funded by its members is now seeking new Company Secretary: it is owned and funded by major stakeholders in the industry, and is independent of any one party.
Providing strategic direction within and leading a small team, you will be central to governance operations and for the delivery of Company Secretariat activities, ensuring and its subsidiaries operates within their statutory and governance framework.
Working closely with and supporting the board and Executive Committee (ExCo) to deliver a first-class secretariat service, you will play a critical role in ensuring communication between the Board of Directors and Company Stakeholders.
- Act as the Company Secretary for the company and its subsidiaries, ensuring the companies comply with relevant law, policies, processes and frameworks
- Provide advice and support to the Chair and CEO, and to ensure that directors receive all information they require to fulfil their roles accurately and promptly.
- Ensure the smooth running of board and sub-committees' meetings for the Group, including attending all meetings to record minutes, drafting papers and resolutions when required. Accountable for the preparation of all meeting papers, setting dates of meetings and maintaining an accurate actions and matters arising register.
- Oversee the organisation of Annual General Meetings of the Group.
- Be the professional head on all matters relating to the company's Constitution Agreement and Articles of Association including assessing, and where agreed, managing the impact of any changes to the scope of RSSB activities.
- Lead on all the company's interactions with RSSB members in relation to constitutional matters and financial matters in relation to levies payable, including guardianship of the members register. In conjunction with the Head of Finance ensure that members' levies are calculated, collected and reported upon to the Senior Leadership Team in the relevant timeframe.
- Work closely with the Members Engagement Directorate to ensure all aspects of the admissions and governance matters associated with membership are in line with the requirements set out in the company's Constitution Agreement.
- Accountable for ensuring the appointment process for new non-executive board directors including drafting Terms of Appointment, disqualifying interests, monitoring the contract expirations, liaising with members regarding industry appointments and reappointments, the induction process, emoluments and annual review thereof.
- Development and ownership of allocated policies, processes and procedures relevant to the Company Secretariat function. Contributing to meetings and discussions and providing advice on governance implications of proposed policies.
- Deal with correspondence, collating information and writing reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders.
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action.
- Act as a conduit between ExCo and the Board ensuring actions and decisions are appropriately recorded and communicated.
- Maintain the Corporate Risk Register, ensuring that it is reviewed regularly by ExCo and the board at appropriate intervals and updated accordingly.
- Liaising with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- ICSA qualification essential
- Significant experience as a company secretary and demonstrable understanding of company secretary governance and business practices and legislation
- Sound understanding of business law and finance
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good presentation skills
- Discretion and integrity handling confidential information and working with senior stakeholders
- Ability to build credible relationships and negotiate and influence at a senior level
- Proven experience of providing advice and guidance to a range of stakeholders
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Sound judgement
- Problem solving-ability
- Ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload
- To act as an ambassador for the Company at all times.
This role is based in The City and is very accessible from a number of stations. For additional information, please contact Brian Littleton on 0203-096-4549 or at email@example.com
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.