Head of Clinical Services/Matron
Careers focused on people
Spire Portsmouth have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Clinical Services/Matron to join our Senior Clinical Management Team.
You will provide overall clinical leadership and operational management to all areas of clinical services, while promoting a cost effective and patient focused quality service for the continuing success of Spire Portsmouth Hospital.
Spire Portsmouth is a 50 bedded hospital consisting of 2 wards. There is no critical care facility, but the hospital does have an endoscopy suite and 3 operating theatres. The outpatient department has two procedure rooms, two treatment rooms, and 12 consulting rooms. The diagnostic imaging department offers plain X-ray, ultrasound, mammography, MRI and CT scans. Physiotherapy treatment is offered as an inpatient and outpatient service in its own physiotherapy suite of gym and treatment areas. There is an accredited sterile services department and pathology laboratory on site.
We commit to our employees well-being through training, support and reward. We offer employees a market competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
Excellent work life balance, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, contributory pension scheme, Life assurance, Private medical insurance, Wellness screening, Eyesight tests, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to work, Discount portal (including cash back and reloadable cards). All Spire Hospitals also offer free parking and a subsidised staff canteen.
Duties and responsibilities
- Working closely with the Hospital Director and other Senior Management Team to establish assurance of service quality, patient safety and risk management.
- Assist in preparation for Clinical Reviews and Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspections
- Facilitating a clear focus on business results whilst maintain the balance between quality healthcare delivery and sound financial performance.
Who we are looking for
- Experience in a recent Senior Clinical role within an acute setting
- Proven leadership experience
- Strong knowledge of governance procedures
- Proven track record in workforce planning / role redesign
Who are we
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group with 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and two Specialist Cancer Care Centres across England, Wales and Scotland. We deliver to the highest standard of care, and we've been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for nearly 40 years. A career at Spire Healthcare offers variety, development and outstanding teamwork
Join us, share our values and invest in your future. With opportunities to learn and develop your own skills, you can help us build on our reputation for excellent service.