Deputy Paediatric Sister - Leeds
Careers focused on people
Due to the development of our Children and Young Peoples Service, Spire Leeds Hospital are looking to recruit a dynamic, enthusiastic and motivated Deputy Paediatric Sister to join our friendly Paediatric team, caring for babies, children and young people up to the age of 18 years.
Spire Leeds Hospital, located in Roundhay; a leafy suburb in Leeds, has been treating patients for almost 30 years. We are the region's largest private hospital in terms of the range of services we offer and the number of consultants we work with. Many of the specialist services at Spire Leeds have been rated as 'Outstanding' by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). A substantial number of medical and surgical operations and tests undertaken at the hospital are not offered at other local private hospitals, including Paediatrics and Oncology. With a reputation as a complex and innovative centre, Spire Leeds attracts patients not just from Yorkshire but from all over the UK and abroad. You will be offered generous training to help us continue our outstanding care.
About the role
The Children's nursing team work across the hospital to enhance the patient journey for both children and their families. The children's team work across pre-assessment, the ward, recovery and outpatients departments.
Spire Leeds Hospital actively encourages professional development and offers a comprehensive in-house training programme. You will be required to be forward thinking and flexible in your approach and be proactive to improve the hospital experience for babies, children, young people and their families. You will on occasions be required to work night shifts and weekends. Annualized hours and flexible working hours are required within this post.
Our Paediatric team offers flexible working patterns and both full and part time hours to suit.
Duties and responsibilities
- To support the Paediatric Lead nurse to provide exemplary planned care for children, young people and their families while managing a team
- To support the lead nurse for children in ensuring all members of the paediatric team, both substantive and bank contracted deliver effective patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership
- Act as a senior resource for advice and support in all aspects of care for children and young people and their families
- Develop practice in the assessment of children and young people's health and well-being needs
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information
- Lead others in the development of knowledge, ideas and work practices
- Plan, allocate, assess and provide feedback to team members
- Maintain and support the use of efficient use of physical and financial resources
Who we're looking for
- RNC or equivalent
- Safeguarding training level 3
- EPLS or equivalent
- Teaching qualification
- Supervisory experience at a senior level & Team Leader Status
- Have an ability to transfer skills through a variety of clinical areas
- Have a willingness to undertake further training
We commit to our employees well-being through training, support and reward. We offer employees a market competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Private medical insurance
* Wellness screening
* Eyesight tests
* Cycle to work
* Discount portal (including cash back and reloadable cards)
The hospital also offers free parking and a subsidised staff canteen.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group with 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and two Specialist Cancer Care Centres across England, Wales and Scotland. We deliver to the highest standard of care, and we've been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for nearly 40 years.
A career at Spire Healthcare offers variety, development and outstanding teamwork
Join us, share our values and invest in your future. With opportunities to learn and develop your own skills, you can help us build on our reputation for excellent service.