Children's Support Worker - Night's
- Full Time
Do you have previous experience of working in a Personal Home Care, Care Assistant or Support Worker role?
This might just be the job for you!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced personal carers in the Taunton and Bridgwater area to provide the highest quality of care to children with additional healthcare needs.
The particular position will involve working night shifts supporting young children in a home setting. This role is full time and you will be guaranteed 40 hours per week. Full training will be provided so you have the confidence and skills required for this role.
For a limited time only, you will also receive a free DBS check and uniform when you join our friendly Taunton team.
What can you expect?
All client-specific training will be provided free of charge by Newcross. This job offers you the rare opportunity to expand your skill base, without needing to pay for any extra training!
Your responsibilities will include; personal care, aiding with clinical needs and helping with any other additional services that will enable this child to live as independently as possible, in line with their personalised care plan.
Alongside relevant experience, compassion and respect are fundamental to this role. The ideal applicant will have a true vocation for care and will always seek to provide life-enhancing support while protecting the dignity of the service user
Our benefits include:
- A salary of up to £12.89/hr including holiday pay.
- Permanent contract, guaranteeing you 40 hours of work every week
- Free training to ensure you meet the skills required for this role
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform.
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral.
- Client-specific inductions.
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of experienced lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your rota and payslips.
- Support of a local line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader.
What you'll need…
- The right to live and work in the UK.
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years.
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager able to comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willingness to enrol on a course with Newcross.
- A Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments.
If you have a NVQ2 /SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Your Local Team
Our Taunton branch provides nurses, care assistants and support workers to the Somerset region.
The branch is located on Staplegrove Road, close to Taunton Station and is a short drive from Musgrove Hospital.
Click 'Apply Now' to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.