- Full Time
Working with the Head Chef you will help to provide nutritious and enticing meals for the residents in our care. You will be responsible for ensuring mealtimes are an enjoyable part of the day, involving residents in preparing and developing menus.
So as an Cook Assistant what do you need to do to make this happen?
* Help to prepare all meals within the home, paying consideration to special dietary requirements and individual request
* Develop a positive relationship with all residents, staff and other visitors to the home by becoming an integral part of the team
* Regularly seek feedback from residents and staff in order to continually improve the level of service we offer
* Maintain a clean hazard free kitchen in order to minimise risks to residents and employees of the home
* Help to promote high standards of catering by ensuring kitchen assistants are supervised appropriately and the kitchen operates in a smooth efficient manner
* Work safely within company policies, seeking advice and guidance when necessary
In order to achieve this our Assistant Cook should have:
An excellent knowledge of food hygiene and food preparation, along with a positive attitude and a desire to deliver the best possible service to the residents in our care. Experience of supervising a team is desirable.
We provide an excellent induction and continued training. Your uniform will be provided.
If you would like to join our team please click on Apply now.