Theatre Practitioner - ODP or Nurse, Nottingham
Careers focused on people
Theatre Practitioner - Spire Nottingham
Full or part-time
Salary band 5/6 depending on experience
Spire Nottingham is looking for a full time or part-time Theatre Practitioner to join very busy theatre team.
We will consider someone from a scrub, anaesthetic or recovery background or someone from an acute background looking to train in any of these areas.
If you are looking for a role where you can build a diverse range of clinical skills, then this is the place for you, as we provide a very wide range of surgical procedures, ranging in complexity and acuity. Our theatre teams also work closely with some of the region's leading consultants and are exposed to the latest innovative, evidence -based clinical techniques. Our real driving force is our ability to invest in our people, as we support our Theatre Nurses and ODPs to build their skills through mentoring and formal training.
The working pattern for the role covers a variety of shifts so flexibility is essential
Duties and responsibilities
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly
- Respect the patient's dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
Who we're looking for
- HPC or NMC Registered
- Experience in recovery, surgery or anaesthetic
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous Theatre experience within a private hospital setting (Desirable)
- Previous Urology/ENT experience (Desirable)
We commit to our employees well-being through training, support and reward. We offer employees a market competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Wellness screening
- Eyesight tests
- Cycle to work
- Discount portal (including cash back and reloadable cards)
Who are we
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group with 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and two Specialist Cancer Care Centres across England, Wales and Scotland. We deliver to the highest standard of care, and we've been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for nearly 40 years. A career at Spire Healthcare offers variety, development and outstanding teamwork
Join us, share our values and invest in your future. With opportunities to learn and develop your own skills, you can help us build on our reputation for excellent service.