Senior Sister/Charge Nurse
Main area Day Surgery Unit TheatresGrade Band 7Contract PermanentHours Full Time 37.5 hours per weekJob ref 200-SJLA-1291430-RL Town LondonSalary £39,866 - £49,704 pa incClosing Today at 23:59
The Trust has 29 operating theatres across 5 sites on site including day surgery unit which has 5 theatres. Our staff work as a team, committed to keeping our focus on giving excellent care to our patients. Whilst providing professional leadership, you will be delivering expert clinical practice through clinical leadership and education. Leading in planning, priority setting , list planning , staff management and decision making to ensure your teams meet patients’ and clinicians’ needs. You will be a role model for the clinical team by representing the values and beliefs of the professions as well as those of the organisation.
This is an exciting Band 7 opportunity, for a highly motivated individual, to join a dynamic and motivated Theatre team at St Georges University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Hospital. This post will be within the Day Surgery Unit.
This is a real opportunity for the right candidate to make a positive contribution to a successful department that continually aspires to deliver the highest standards of care. To succeed in this role you will need to be
• RN 1 or registered ODP WITH RECOGNISED relevant critical care courses
• 5 years post qualifying experience, minimum 2 years at band 6 in Cardiothoracic scrub.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent with evidence of continuing education and professional development.
• Possess excellent communication skill, time management and organisational skills.
• Enjoy working in a small busy and dedicated team
• You must have a recognised mentorship course and critical care modules in theatres or anaesthetics.
We can in return offer you:
• Responsibility for the coordination of 37WTE scrub staff across 3 theatres providing 24/7 cover.
• Opportunity to work alongside team leaders from a range of specialities with responsibility for allocated projects relating service improvement.
• Provide cover in absence of the Matron.
• Up to 2 days a week managerial/ leadership time. You will be required to achieve a pass in a calculation test before proceeding to interview.
We expect all our staff to share the values that are important to the trust – being excellent, kind, responsible and respectful – and behave in a way that reflects these. More information on the vision and values of St. George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is attached below.
Please note that this vacancy may close before the advertised closing date if sufficient applicants are received. Please check your email regularly as all candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted and informed by email.
If you are appointed to the post, as part of your pre-employment check we will be required to verify your identity. The document/s you present for this purpose will be checked for their authenticity by scanning all known security features. These features will include:
- The machine readable zone
- An ultra violet image
- An infra red image
As part of you pre-employment checks, we will also be required to obtain satisfactory, written references. Please ensure that the referee details which you provide on your application form are correct. We require at least one written reference from your current or most recent line manager. We are only able to accept references from a professional work email address.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.