Theatre Manager - Cardiff
Spire Cardiff is looking for an experienced Theatre Manager or a highly skilled Theatre Nurse / ODP with strong leadership skills to join our hospital.As much as we need someone who can make sure our standards are effective and working, we also need someone who can be innovative in their thinking. We have 3 Theatres, Cardiac a Cath Lab and a Jag Accredited Endoscopy Suite, and the successful candidate to this role will be required to lead the teams We are committed to supporting and developing our staff as we like to recruit from within. This could be the next step up for you if you are wanting to advance in your career, or if you an experienced Theatre Manager this could be the change you are looking for.
We commit to our employees well-being through training, support and reward. We offer employees a market competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
Excellent work life balance, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, contributory pension scheme, Life assurance, Private medical insurance, Wellness screening, Eyesight tests, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to work, Discount portal (including cash back and reloadable cards). All Spire Hospitals also offer free parking and a subsidised staff canteen.
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitor and assist in the delivery of patient care
- Respect the patient's dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs
- Provide appropriate clinical and managerial leadership throughout the department
- Act as a role model and mentor to clinical staff providing advice and support to others to promote good practice consistent with legislation and Spire Healthcare's policies
- Encourage, develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Identify, develop and support opportunities for improvements in operating department practices as highlighted through evidence, research based practice and national standards
- Delegate appropriate activities to other staff and ensure objectives are met
- To ensure that Clinical Governance and Risk management are embedded within daily practice.
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply and ensure others apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly
- Achievement of the theatre budget and specific Key Performance Indicators
- Work with others to optimise theatre utilisation in relation to booked operating sessions and availability to meet the demands of elective work, taking action with regards under-utilisation of lists as appropriate
- Manage staff rosters in the most efficient way to meet demand, whilst maintaining compliance with the Agency staff KPI on the Clinical Scorecard and balancing the use of overtime
Who we are looking for
- Registered Clinical Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration), Relevant post-registration Theatre/Anaesthetic qualification
- Evidence of substantial CPD in management and other clinically related and relevant subjects
- Previous experience as a Senior Registered Practitioner within a Theatre Environment
- Expert knowledge of clinical practice, competent across a range of clinical skills supported by professional competence and knowledge
- Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards
Who are we
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group with 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and two Specialist Cancer Care Centres across England, Wales and Scotland. We deliver to the highest standard of care, and we've been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for nearly 40 years. A career at Spire Healthcare offers variety, development and outstanding teamwork
Join us, share our values and invest in your future. With opportunities to learn and develop your own skills, you can help us build on our reputation for excellent service.