Junior Sister & VTE/Blood Transfusion Lead - London East
Careers focused on people
Spire London East Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Sister With special interest in VTE and blood Transfusion
Spire London East Hospital (formerly Spire Roding) is located in Redbridge, on the borders of East London and Essex. We offer comprehensive private hospital services, ranging from outpatient clinics and physiotherapy to surgery and diagnostic tests in a relaxed, clean and comfortable environment.
The hospital has 24 inpatient beds and 16 day case rooms called 'pods'. Facilities include four operating theatres, an endoscopy suite, 2 extended recovery unit, pharmacy, x-ray, outpatient and diagnostic facilities.
We commit to our employees well-being through training, support and reward. We offer employees a market competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
Excellent work life balance, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, contributory pension scheme, Life assurance, Private medical insurance, Wellness screening, Eyesight tests, Cycle to work, Discount portal (including cash back and reloadable cards). All Spire Hospitals also offer free parking and a subsidised staff canteen.
Duties and responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
To provide exemplary planned care for patients and assist in the management and organisation of care provision in a variety of hospital settings
- Assess patients' health and wellbeing across a complex and changing caseload.
- Deputise for the lead nurses and take charge when required
- Assist in the delivery of care to meet individuals' health and wellbeing needs of a particular group of people
- Educate and contribute to the knowledge base in the hospital on your subject matter
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
- Develop own knowledge and skills and that of others.
- Promotes best practice in health and safety and security.
- Assist in maintaining and developing services.
- Contribute to quality improvement.
- Promote people's equality, diversity and rights.
- Acknowledge the risk of Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAI) and understand own responsibility as agreed with line manager in the prevention and control of HCAI.
Who we are looking for
You will be a Registered Nurse with current NMC Registration with a minimum of 3 years experience. We are looking for a nurse with a special interest in VTE and blood transfusion
Working towards a post registration qualification in a clinical specialism
Who are we
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group with 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and two Specialist Cancer Care Centres across England, Wales and Scotland. We deliver to the highest standard of care, and we've been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for nearly 40 years. A career at Spire Healthcare offers variety, development and outstanding teamwork
Join us, share our values and invest in your future. With opportunities to learn and develop your own skills, you can help us build on our reputation for excellent service.