Healthcare Assistant - Cambridge Area
Job Title: Healthcare Assistant - Full Time / Part Time
Shift patterns - Days, Nights and Weekend work available both full and part time posts.
Location: Comberton, Cambridgeshire
Pay Rate: £9.00 per hour
About this Job:
Voyage Specialist Healthcare, part of Voyage Care, provides complex home care services for adults and children. These high quality services allow the People We Support to remain independent in the comfort of their own home, without compromising on the quality of their care.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Community Health Care Assistant to provide clinical care to a young adult with additional medical needs within the home in the LU3 3DE area.
You will contribute to the effective and efficient delivery of care for patients with complex health needs, alongside their families and significant others.
Your role will be to ensure that the Young Adult has their personal and healthcare needs met at home.
You will be required to follow the instructions of the care plans ensuring dignity and safety.
The post holder will need to be dynamic, innovative, forward thinking and confident to sensitively challenge conventional thinking.
You will also be required to:
- Communicate effectively with the company, patients and their families.
- To record and report on Health and care needs.
- To ensure that the young adult with additional needs receive appropriate care as directed from the specialists involved in their care.
- To attend and participate in mandatory training as directed by company policy and the clinical manager.
- Be aware of the national, regional and company policies and procedures relating to Safeguarding, health and safety, confidentiality and data protection and report concerns to an appropriate person.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the company
- Demonstrate and promote commitment to equal opportunities and to the eliminations of behaviour and practices that could be discriminatory.
To provide care of a medical nature such as:
- Manage and administer Medications
- Airway management
- Oxygen therapy
- Moving and handling needs
- Maintain accurate and confidential health records
- Physio Therapy
Driver with their own car is desirable but not essential.
The ideal candidate will have some experience in care and working with Children and/or young adults, but full training will be given for the right candidates.
This role will suit someone who is looking for a challenge and wants to learn to make a difference in someone's life.
We offer a great range of benefits which include:-
- Paid DBS** & Holiday
2. Salary scale /progression if you want it
3. Life insurance & Pension Scheme
4. Cycle to work scheme
5. Retail rewards & savings
6. Long service awards
7. Childcare vouchers
8. Refer a friend bonus between £250- £750 *T&C's Apply
Benefits are dependent on contract type.
** Should your employment with Voyage Care terminate for any reason within the first 3 months of your employment start date, the full cost of the DBS will be repayable back to us. Deducted from your final salary.
Click Apply to complete our one page application………All applications & CV's received are reviewed on a daily basis.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010