Our client in the Reading area is a childrens home that iindependently run and promotes the highest standards of care. They have an exciting opportunity for a care assistant to join their passionate team of HCA's and senior support workers.
We are looking for a care assistant who has a passion and desire to care for others and work alongside a team of care assistants to promote dignity and independence for all residents within the nursing/residential home.
Training and support will be provided to care assistants from senior care assistants who have little or no previous experience within a childrens home
Main duties for care assistants are as follows:
- Providing personal care such as toileting, washing and dressing
- Keeping residents comfortable and assisting in manual handling
- Checking and reporting any change in residents conditions to a senior support worker
- Practical Support - Making beds, preparing food & laundry
- Medical support - Taking temperatures, pulse etc
- Liaise with visiting family and friends
Care assistants with previous experience within a care home and NVQ's within health and social care.
37.5 hours per week (alternate weekends)
Candidates must has a drivers licence and a car as this home is not accessible via public transport.