Care Services Manager
Signature's belief is that everyone should be looked after with the utmost dignity and respect and we are proud of the high standards we achieve through a continuing philosophy of developing our team delivering the care that all our residents deserve.
We believe that everybody living in a Signature Care home should receive truly person centered care delivered with utmost dignity and respect. We pride ourselves with the exceptional standards at we achieve through our philosophy of "Only the very best is good enough".
About the role
The Care Services Manager will be an experienced and credible clinician who will be key in the effective delivery of person-centred services to meet the identified needs of residents. They will ensure that all such services provided are in accordance with legislative and regulatory requirements, for example, Care Quality Commission (CQC) and Signature Senior Lifestyle policies. They will take responsibility for all aspects of operational care management and provide the necessary leadership to support changes in services as they develop. They will also have input to the Care Strategies delivered and implemented across the organisation
Specific responsibilities are, but not limited to;
- Ensure the planning, delivery and operational management of the Care Services, delivering a high quality service that supports the residents within our homes to live safe and fulfilled lives. Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding and application of CQC Fundamental standards.
- Take overall responsibility for effective rota management and planning to ensure rota's are fair and equitable with the appropriate numbers and skill mix to meet the needs of the residents and that these are clearly communicated in a timely way
- Lead and be accountable for the effective creation, implementation and ongoing management of all required resident records and documentation in line with company policy and the regulatory requirement
- Actively involve residents, families and all staff in the development of quality standards through effective implementation of the resident and staff survey processes and forums.
- Take overall responsibility for the effective management of the governance and quality assurance frameworks ensuring appropriate levels of responsibility and where necessary all required actions are taken.
- Support the effective and continuous improvement of the service through the completion of quality audits as defined by the annual Compliance Audit Programme. Develop, implement and monitor improvement plans that are put into place.
- Develop, maintain and work effectively with all partners and key stakeholders in the provision of a quality service.
- Ensure the development and implementation of effective lines of communication and information in appropriate, accessible formats for residents, family members, staff and all other relevant stakeholders.
To suceed in this role, you will need to have:
- Current NMC registration, ENB 998/Mentorship Qualification or equivalent.
- Evidence of further relevant post-registration professional development
- Minimum of five years' post registration experience, at least three within a senior management role
- Experience of managing care and nursing within the Social Care or other relevant environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and ability to implement strategies and approaches to deliver CQC Fundamental Standards
- Comprehensive understanding and ability to deliver governance and quality assurance frameworks
- Highly developed and effective communication and interpersonal skillsA flexible approach to the working week, which includes early starts, evenings, weekends and Duty Management cover by prior agreement, to support special activities and the needs of the business
About our Benefits.
Here at Signature we recognise that extra special efforts should not go unrewarded and that is why we provide a number of special incentives and bonuses that can be earned throughout your time working for the company.
- Extremely competitive pension scheme
- Free uniforms that are both attractive and practical
- Free eye care tests and options for funding towards future spectacles if required
- Refer a friend and get a cash bonus of up to £1000
- Cycle to work scheme
- Study support
- Holiday discounts
- A variety of motor related offer
About the Company.
Signature is delivering a new standard of nursing homes in the UK. Signature is a unique and inspiring group of homes, where care and lifestyle go hand in hand. These homes offer residents a relaxing, safe environment where they can enjoy comfort, companionship, independence - and their own front door.
Signatures vision is "delivering peace of mind", peace of mind for the residents that they will be cared for and supported within our homes to live safe and fulfilled lives. Peace of mind of their families knowing that their loved ones are being well cared for and peace of mind for our employees knowing that they will be trained and provided with development opportunities to continue to build their capabilities to enable them to be the best they can be.
Signature is also featured in the London Stock Exchange (LSE) 1000 companies to inspire Britain, an annual celebration of some of the fastest growing and most dynamic small and medium sized enterprises!
Sound like a company you would like to work for? Then what are you waiting for, click apply today and let's get started!