Registered Nurse (Adult)
Registered Nurse - Bupa Care Homes
Arran View Care Home, Saltcoats, Ayrshire, KA21 6EU
£13.26-£16.32 - per hour
Salary is dependent upon experience, capability & qualifications
Equivalent to NHS Band 5 & 6
Competitive starting salary, £1000 welcome bonus and the opportunity to develop and build a career.
If you're a dedicated RN with a valid NMC PIN Number, consider a move to Bupa Care Homes. We provide expert
nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to around 9,000 people in over 140 UK homes. Our aim? To help each and every one of them to live longer, healthier and happier lives.
What you'll be doing
- Taking responsibility for the well-being of our residents, including making sure their physical, emotional and social needs are met
- Leading, motivating and mentoring to your team and delivering clinical guidance and training to ensure the safe, smooth and efficient running of the care home
- Carrying out assessments and developing, implementing and evaluating individualised care plans for each of our residents
- Monitoring work areas and practices to ensure they are safe and conform to relevant standards, policies and legislation
- Generally promoting our residents' independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the very best standards of care and striving for continuous improvement
What you'll need
- A demonstrable passion for caring for the elderly and infirm and a flair for helping people maintain their independence and choice in homely surroundings
- A proven ability to lead, motivate and mentor a team, delegate effectively and promote excellent customer relationships
- A willingness to coach, guide and support your team on a daily basis, including providing formal and informal programmes of teaching to colleagues and other care professionals
- A genuine commitment to adhering to the NMC Codes of Conduct and expanding your professional development
- A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature and belief in giving your personal best at all times
What we'll offer you in return
- Autonomy to practice
- Bupa's specially designed Nurse Pathway
- Continuous CPD and access to external scholarships and academic development
- NMC annual pin payment covered (£120)*
- Preceptorship Programme for Newly Qualified Nurses
- Re-validation Champions
- Accelerated Career Progression
- Full time, Part time and bank contracts available
- Staff referral bonus of up to £1000 per referral
- Access to employee health benefits and discounts
- Interest free travel ticket loans
- Recognition schemes including personal bests and annual National Care Home Awards
- Smile Everyday - a health and wellbeing package available to all permanent employees giving access to 24/7 health lines along with online wellbeing tools
- We cover the cost of your PVG Check
About the Home
Designed specifically to meet the needs of elderly residents, Arran View is made up of four separate houses - Lamlash Bay and Sannox Bay both offer care and support to frail elderly residents, while Lochranza Bay and Whiting Bay provide specialist nursing dementia and residential dementia care.
We believe that by creating a friendly and relaxed atmosphere at Arran View our residents feel at home when they first arrive. We find the right balance between giving residents a high level of independence to live how they wish but with an appropriate level of care to ensure they always feel safe and relaxed.
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provides expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to almost 9,000 people in over 140 UK homes. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Passionate about making lives better, every decision we make is because we care. It's why we inspire and support our nurses to put our residents' wellbeing at the heart of everything they do.
Dedicated to making lives better.
Be the nurse you want to be.