Home Care Assistant - End of Life Care
My client offer their Care Worker 's a 38.5 hours contract, they pay you £9.72 per hour for your entire shift including the time spent traveling between clients, 30p a mile fuel allowance, give you a 6 week rota so you always know when you'll be working and when you'll be off and a whole range of other benefits too. We're looking for an experienced Care Worker, Care Assistant or Support Worker to take up a a position in a rewarding specialist service that supports people with end of life care. As a Care Worker you'll deliver emotional and physical support to people and their families in their own homes, ensuring that people can live comfortably at home in their last weeks and days. This role is DRIVER ESSENTIAL and you'll need your own car - you'll be paid 30p a mile plus, a great salary of £19,464, free DBS and an excellent benefits package
The Care and Support Worker Position:
The role involves providing community based care and support to people who are at the end of their life, you'll provide support to both the client and their families.
The role will be on a rota basis of 3 days on, 3 days off and the hours are 07:00 - 14:00 and 16:00 - 22:00. You are paid your whole shift, including you're travelling time. On this type of rota you benefit from more days off - you'll have 21 free days in 6 weeks.
There are many duties involved in the role of a Care and Support Worker including:
- Supporting patients who are at the end of their life to remain comfortable within their own home environment.
- Develop and personalise support plans and risk assessment to meet the patient and carers needs.
- Support with all aspects of personal care and continence management ensuring dignity and respect is maintained at all times.
- Support with the prompting and administering of medication.
- Monitoring and prompting of fluids and meals to ensure hydration and nutrition levels are maintained.
- Monitoring skin integrity preventing the risk of pressure areas developing.
- Work closely with other health and social care team's professionals.
The Support Worker
- The successful candidate will be an experienced Care Assistant, Carer or Support Worker, with experience gained within the community.
- You will have experience of working with older and vulnerable adults and be able to work unsupervised.
- You'll be kind and compassionate and happy to work in a service that supports people through end of life care
- Due to the nature of the role you MUST be a driver with your own transport.
- A national charitable organisation that support people of all ages and disabilities. They offer contracted hours, excellent benefits and have a reputation for being an excellent employer.
- This position will be suitable for: Support worker, carer, community care, health care assistant, nursing assistant, domiciliary carer, community care
Interested? To be considered for the Palliative Care Care Worker role please click on apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.