Reablement Care Worker
38.5 hour contract for experienced domiciliary care assistant / Care Assistant / Home Care Worker working in a rapid response hospital discharge service. Due to a contract expansion we have a number of posts available across Nottingham and the surrounding areas. You'll be caring for and supporting people who have been discharged from hospital and need short-term support on their own homes. My client are a great organisation to work for offering full time contracts, you get a 6 week rota so you always know your days off in advance, 30p a mile for fuel and you are paid your entire shift including the time spent travelling between clients. , supporting vulnerable adults to return home by providing care and support for up to couple of weeks. The Support Worker role is DRIVER ESSENTIAL and you'll need your own car .
The Care and Support Worker Position:
The role involves providing short-term, community based support to patients who have recently been discharged from hospital and need some care or support in their own home. The role will be to provide care for vulnerable or older people in their homes to who are at risk of emergency admission, or who have recently been discharged from hospital. The role will be on a rota basis of 3 days on, 3 days off and the hours are 07:00 - 14:00 and 16:00 - 22:00. You are paid your whole shift, including your travelling time. On this type of rota you benefit from more days off - you'll have 21 free days in 6 weeks.
There are many duties involved in the role of a Care and Support Worker including:
- Provide short term care to vulnerable/ older people at home
- Offering personal care
- Assist service users who have recently been discharged from hospital
- Helping to prevent emergency admission to hospital
- Offering support, advice and guidance
- Ability to be empathetic and show warmth to service users
The Support Worker
- The successful candidate will be an experienced Care Assistant, Carer or Support Worker, with experience gained within the community.
- You will have experience of working with older and vulnerable adults and be able to work unsupervised.
- Due to the nature of the role you MUST be a driver with your own transport.
- A national charitable organisation that support people of all ages and disabilities. They offer contracted hours, excellent benefits and have a reputation for being an excellent employer.
- This position will be suitable for: Support worker, carer, community care, health care assistant, nursing assistant, domiciliary carer, community care
Interested? To be considered for the Rapid Response Support Worker / Reablement Care Worker role please click on apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.