We're looking for a Care Assistant who is as passionate about giving excellent care as we are!
- £8.58 an hour
- Full or part time hours
- Full training provided with excellent support and development
The role of Care Assistant will involve working early and late shifts, alternate weekends and some Bank Holidays (plus pay enhancements).
As a not-for-profit charity our focus isn't on targets or sales - it's on supporting people who need help to get the best out of life by offering high quality, compassionate care.
Located in the heart of Southbourne, Wickmeads is 50 bed state of the art bespoke home that has been designed according to the latest research into dementia. For more information about Wickmeads please go to: http://www.care-south.co.uk/our-homes/wickmeads/
As a Care Assistant, this is a brilliant opportunity to progress your care career and gain experience with one of the best respected care organisations in the South. We take the development of our staff seriously and provide excellent training and other development opportunities.
About Care South
As a not-for-profit charity our focus isn't on targets or sales - it's on supporting people who need help to get the best out of life by offering high quality, compassionate care. We know that it's the care that counts - not only of our care home residents and home care customers but also of our employees. We employ over 1,500 people across our 20 residential and home care locations across the south of England and our HEART values of Honesty, Excellence, Approach, Respect and Teamwork are fundamental to how we treat each other, the way we work, and the care that we provide every day.
We are looking for those with experience in the care sector and those with none. The main qualities you will bring to your role will be a determination to provide excellent care for elderly vulnerable people and create a happy environment for them.
Recognised for our commitment to training, we provide opportunities to obtain various qualifications such as Diploma in H&SC level 2 or level 3 (following successful completion of probation period).
The successful candidates for the position of Care Assistant will have a positive outlook, be warm and caring and will take pride in ensuring a happy environment whilst providing excellent care.
Key Responsibilities of the Care Assistant role will include:-
- Delivering high quality personal care to our residents by listening to and conversing with them whilst carrying out practical tasks
- Learning about each individual resident's social history and utlising this knowledge whilst caring for the resident
- To familarise yourself with the resident's family / friends and facilitate these visits
- Maintain an awareness of residents changing needs and inform the Care Team Leader or Senior Carer of any changes
- Provide support and encouragement to allow residents to remain as independant as possible.
- Work as a team to create and maintain a co-operative friendly and welcoming atmosphere in the home, ensuring the home runs to the best of everyone's ability
- Additional the Care Assistant will assist at mealtimes to promote a social, calm and enjoyable experience.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes:-
- Excellent induction programme and ongoing commitment to your training and development
- Career opportunities
- Company Pension and Life Assurance Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- DBS check paid by us and Uniform provided
- Care South Stars Annual Staff Awards - recognising excellence in individuals and teams
For an informal discussion regarding the role of Care Assistant, please contact Karen Taylor or Suzanne Kaye on 01202 436490.