TGI Social Care have an amazing opportunity for Senior Residential Child Care Worker who personally want to make a difference in the lives of young people with Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties.
As a Senior Residential Child Care Worker you will be providing a combination of support and domestic care. You will be empathetic and understanding of the trauma those in your care have suffered which can manifest in to very challenging behaviours.
- Supervision skills & team building skills
- Ability to manage teams effectively
- Ability to motivate and enthuse staff
- 12 months experience working within a care setting with young people or challenging behaviour
- Knowledge of the Children Act and other relevant legislation
- Awareness of equal opportunities
- Ensuring that each staff member is aware of each child's care plan and their responsibilities for implementation
- Attending reviews and planning meetings to provide information and achieve best outcomes for you people
- Undertaking individual work with the young people and acting as an appropriate role model
- Taking responsibility for planning shifts and ensuring their smooth running when on duty
- Contributing to staff and team meetings to facilitate good communication and staff development.
- Providing supervisory control and direction in relation to staff duties and responsibilities
- Addressing issues in relation to conduct and competence or staff
- Undertaking annual appraisal of staff
- Offering 1-1 supervisions to staff
- Maintaining accurate written records in logs, continuation sheets and files.
- To assist the Registered Manager in the implementation of all aspects
- Ensuring that resources are allocated appropriately and financial records are accurately maintained