Support Worker - Complex learning Disabilities
Dean Healthcare are an established provider for nursing care, social care, healthcare, community care and permanent recruitment. We provide agency support to a wide range of individuals with mental health needs, learning difficulties and physical disabilities in an assortment of nursing, care and residential homes, as well as supported living services. We enjoy working with a diverse range of clients; from small independent homes through to national organisations.
We are currently seeking experienced and pro-active support workers to join our team at a small home for adults with learning and physical disabilities.
Our residents are aged between 18 - 40 years old, and many have very complex needs.
As one of our dedicated support workers you will be assisting our residents with their day-to-day activities, including morning & evening routines, help with food preparation at mealtimes and supporting our residents in attending appointments and accessing the community.
As this home provides 24 hours a day, 7 days a week services, we can offer you a variety of hours, including early, late, twilight and weekend shifts.
We can also offer you guaranteed contracted shifts including 07:00 - 14:30, 14:00 - 21:30 and long days!
To find out more about this role, please call Claire on 0117 325 0282 or for a full list of local vacancies please visit our website www.deanhealthcare.co.uk
- Minimum of 9 months experience within the health and social care sector
- Medication training required for many shifts - we provide this free of charge
- A passion for promoting independence and well-being with residents and fellow staff
- An imaginative and innovative approach to care
- A comfortable and professional attitude to all levels of personal care
- Experience or training in manual handling, including use of hoists - we provide this free of charge
- Competitive rates of pay offering incentives for weekend and bank holiday work
- Weekly pay
- Prestigious contracts offering you stability & flexibility in your working life
- Hourly accrued holiday pay
- Free mandatory training
- Free specialist training courses to help with career progression
- Flexible hours that suit your needs
- A 24hr 365 days of the year on-call support team