We have a new opportunity for a Dedicated Nurse Specialist (neuro-endocrine tumours and acromegaly) to join our team covering the East Midlands, Lincolnshire area. Essentially, we are looking for a talented, patient focused clinician to join our fantastic team.
Work for us, and remember the reason why you became a nurse, it’s your opportunity to make a real difference to peoples’ lives every single day.
healthcare at home … a little about us….
Our vision is simple, to deliver inspirational healthcare in the home for millions worldwide. Working alongside healthcare providers and pharmaceutical companies we develop innovative solutions that meet patients’ needs to have quality clinical care in their homes. Every member of our team from specialist nurses to drivers has the same patient focus and is dedicated to delivering the best possible care.
After all, don’t we all feel better at home?
Why work at healthcare at home … the benefits
We are an inspiring business that has exciting times ahead and a clear vision to take us forward. We know people are fundamental to our success and we are focused on helping people to develop their careers. We have a strong culture of continual training and development from the moment you start through our induction to ongoing professional development throughout your career.
We offer a robust and flexible reward package including:
- Fully expensed company car and fuel card or car allowance of £4250 per annum plus mileage
- NMC fees paid for
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare cover after two years’ service
- Death in service (4 x salary)
- Annual holiday – 33 days inclusive of bank holidays
- Mobile phone and tablet device
- Weekend and evening enhancements
- Online benefits portal - discounts on high street stores, holidays, days out etc
- Comprehensive 8 day paid residential induction
- Support with revalidation
- Health and Wellbeing package
What does a Dedicated Nurse Specialist do at healthcare at home?
- Allow patients the opportunity to receive their medication, training and support within their own home.
- In addition, the dedicated nurses will also engage with specialist clinicians within the NHS and train District or Practice Nurses within Primary Care, for those patients who do not want to inject themselves.
The injection is a prescription medicine used for the treatment of adults for:
- The long-term treatment of acromegaly when surgery or radiotherapy has not worked well enough or the patient is not able to have surgery or radiotherapy.
- A type of cancer known as neuroendocrine tumours, from the gastrointestinal tract or the pancreas (GEP-NETs) that has spread or cannot be removed by surgery.
You will be working in partnership with a a global specialty-driven pharmaceutical group committed to discovering new solutions for targeted debilitating diseases.
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
We are looking for a patient focused NMC registered nurse who has the confidence to work decisively without supervision.
Experience with Oncology and endocrinology is desirable but not essential.
This is a regional role providing treatment to patients within their own home therefore a full UK driving licence is essential.
healthcare at home is an equal opportunities employer