Dean Healthcare is the leading Health and Social Care Agency in the South West and would like to invite you to be a part of our ever-growing success!
We are currently seeking experienced and pro-active support workers to join our team at a small home for adults with learning disabilities, a few of which are on the autistic spectrum.
We currently take care of 7 service users between the ages of 40 and 60. Our service users can often be challenging, and do not communicate verbally. Some are epileptic and as such experience and training in epilepsy or medication training would be preferable, though not essential (we can also provide specialist epilepsy training free of charge). Our residents are encouraged to take part in community activities, including tennis, skittles, swimming, and some have recently started college courses.
As one of our dedicated support workers you will be putting service users and the heart of everything you do. You will be assisting with personal care and domestic tasks, as well as community support and other general activities which will allow our service users to live their life in the way that they choose.
As this home provides 24 hours a day, 7 days a week services, we can offer you a variety of hours, including early, late, night and weekend shifts.
We can also offer you monthly contracted work including:
- 07:00 - 14:30
- 13:30 - 21:00
- 14:00 - 21:00
- 10:00 - 17:30
To find out more about this role, please call Claire on 0117 325 0282 or visit our website at www.deanhealthcare.co.uk
- Minimum of 9 months experience within the health and social care sector
- The energy and enthusiasm to work in a busy and challenging environment
- A passion for promoting independence and well-being with residents and fellow staff
- A pro-active and innovative approach to care
- Awareness/experience/training in epilepsy and seizures - we offer this training free of charge
- Experience and confidence in dealing with all levels of challenging behaviour - we offer this training free of charge
- Competitive rates of pay offering incentives for weekend/bank holidays
- Weekly pay
- Guaranteed monthly contracted work as well as flexible work
- Hourly accrued holiday pay
- Free mandatory training
- Free specialist training courses to help with career progression
- Flexible hours that suit your needs
- On-call support team available to you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year