Care Assistant - Specialist Dementia Unit
Would you like to work in a service that has been rated OUTSTANDING in their care provision?
Dean Healthcare is the leading Health and Social Care Agency in the South West and would like to invite you to be a part of our ever-growing success!
We are currently seeking experienced and motivated healthcare assistants to join our team at a specialist dementia unit providing 24 hour care and support for 45 service users with very complex needs including Dementia, Huntington's disease with associated mental health.
Our staff at this unit are skilled understanding people's communication needs, and in supporting the full process of the illness. We pride ourselves in treating residents with respect and dignity, as well as giving them back their autonomy and allowing them to be themselves in a positive and engaging environment.
As a member of our healthcare team, you will be administering all aspects of personal care, whilst providing residents with choice and respect. You will support residents in interacting with their surroundings, washing, tidying, moving freely about the unit and allowing them to remember all the ordinary tasks they used to do.
This service offers 24 hour care and as such we can offer you work in the times that suit you best, as well as monthly contracted shifts to offer you consistency and stability:
- 07:00 - 15:00
- 12:45 - 20:45
- 14:45 - 20:45
- 11:00 - 16:00
- 12:00 - 20:00
- 11:30 - 17:30
- Also long days and nights always available
To find out more about this role please call Claire on 0117 325 0282 or for a full list of vacancies in your area, please visit our website at www.deanhealthcare.co.uk
- Minimum of 9 months experience within the health and social care sector
- The energy and enthusiasm to work in a busy and challenging environment
- Experience in dementia and EMI, including any associated challenging behaviour
- Experience in high levels of personal care
- Experience and/or training in moving/handling and use of hoists- we offer this training for free
- Competitive rates of pay offering incentives for weekend and bank holidays
- Weekly pay
- Hourly accrued holiday pay
- Numerous prestigious contracts offering you stability as well as flexibility
- Free mandatory training
- Free specialist training courses to help with career progression
- Flexible hours that suit your needs
- On-call support team available to you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year