Deputy Care Home Manager
The Purpose of The Role:
- To support the Registered Manager in the day to day management, operation and administration of the home.
- To assist with the promotion, maintenance and development of high standards of care and best practice in accordance with current legislative requirements and with the Brookthorpe Hall policies and procedures.
- To work with the Registered Manager to ensure that the home remains financially viable in line with the budget and that staff follow the Brookthorpe Hall polices and procedures.
- To assist the manager in the recruitment, deployment and management of an appropriate staff complement.
- To act on behalf of the Registered Manager or Head of Care in the absence of those persons.
- To work with agreed parameters regarding management, shift and support roles.
- Support the Registered Manager to maintain the day to day running of the home on behalf of the registered provider.
- To work with other departments and take all reasonable steps to ensure that the service meets all its legal requirements.
- Support the Registered Manager to develop an ethos that reflects service user’s individual needs and that celebrates their individual differences and diversity.
- Have all the required ACS policies, procedures and systems in place required for the effective running of the home, and to ensure that all relevant persons are knowledgeable about them and have access to the documents.
- Address the care and health needs of each service user and to make sure they are kept safe and well protected.
- Work with the HR department to provide a staffing complement and cover in accordance with the requirements of the registered provider and the National Care Standards and Regulations (include appropriate staff numbers and skill mixes).
- Develop good working relationships within the home.
- Support the Registered Manager to provide effective support and supervision to the home’s staff, to ensure a level of conduct, performance and capability which meets the current and future needs of the service.
- Support the Registered Manager to delegate responsible staff members according to ACS procedure.
- To ensure Service Users can participate in activities.
- Support the Registered Manager to work with the maintenance department to ensure that the premises are maintained to the standard required.
- To help provide a safe working environment for service users and staff and to respond to Health & Safety requirements.
- Support the Registered Manager to manage the home’s budget and resources in accordance with the established systems and procedures.
- Support the Registered Manager and other professionals to develop effective methods for auditing and assuring the quality of the homes provision and services.
- Promote a culture of quality and diversity amongst Service Users, staff and visitors.
- To attend and participate in all statutory training and updates.
- Have an NVQ 3 Health and Social Care as a Minimum qualification.
- Have at least 3 years in a senior care position
This vacancy is being managed by Abie Wheeler at Spear Recruitment Ltd.
Spear Recruitment Ltd is an Employment Agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973.
Spear Recruitment Ltd are on Facebook, can you also follow us on Twitter @spearrecltd and Instagram @spearrecruitment
Tagged as: deputy care home manager jobs, healthcare jobs