Spear Recruitment are working in partnership with a small residential home to recruit for a Deputy Care Manager with the ambition to become a Registered Manager in the future.
The Purpose of the Role
To support the Home Manager and staff in the day to day activities in order to provide the highest standards of Person Centred Care to Residents in line with company and regulatory standards.
- Assist the Home Manager in ensuring excellent standards in Person Centred Care are provided by all Home staff
- Ensure Registered Nurses are reviewing and updating Person Centred Care Plans as per company policy
- Ensure all staff complete mandatory training and training specific to the service in line with company policy
- Facilitate and coordinate the Aged Care Channel training programmes
- Implement a supervision, and appraisal programme for all clinical staff
- Advise the Home Manager of the need to review and update clinical policies and procedures as appropriate
- Support both staff and Residents to reach their full potential
- Ensure that all Residents have their personal needs or requirements met, including personal care, participation with activities and support with daily living tasks
- Report any incidents of abuse, mistreatment or non compliance within the Home to the Home Manager
- Take reasonability for the safe working environment for self, colleagues and Residents
- Implement the Homes policy on ordering, administration, storage and destruction of medication. Regularly check MAR sheets and evidence spot checks
- Conduct Resident review’s with agencies as requested
- Participate in the selection of clinical staff
- Undertake Resident pre-admission assessments on request
- Plan and manage staff rota’s to ensure appropriate staff and competency levels
- Support the Home Manager in ensuring Health and Safety requirements are met as per company policy
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are read and understood
- Undertake regular audits of Person Centred Care and prepare action plans to address any issues.
- Generic Core Duties
- Positively promote the Home through personal conduct both within and outside working hours
- Ensure that you have read and understood all relevant company policies and procedures and that you comply with these at all times
- Attend and participate in all training sessions and staff meetings as required
- Maintain good working relationships with all colleagues at all times
- Any other reasonable instruction from the Home Manager, which is within your area of competence
- On offer is a salary dependent on experience between £25,000 and £28,000.
This position would ideally suit a career driven Senior Carer who wishes to progress with their career or an experienced Deputy Manager.
If you wish to discuss this position in more detail please contact Ben Moses at Spear Recruitment.
Tagged as: deputy manager jobs, healthcare jobs