Weekend Waiter / Waitress
More about the job:
Our Waiters and Waitresses provide a first-class service to residents and guests both in the dining room and through room service. Reporting to the Chef, you will serve meals and drinks to our residents. Before and after meals you will prepare each dining place, ensuring that all tables are perfectly clean and beautifully presented. You will comply with all rules and regulations concerning the serving of food and drink. Working as part of a close team, you will see to every detail when it comes to ensuring that our residents’ enjoy their dining experience.
More about you:
Priority will be given to candidates who have relevant experience or qualifications in catering and/or hospitality.
Additionally, you must be a friendly, kind, honest and reassuring person and an effective communicator, able to read and understand English. Ideally, you will have experience of being a Waiter/Waitress. As well as being a good team worker, you can prioritise and work on your own initiative. We especially want to recruit people who share our goal of delivering the expert care and attention to detail that our residents deserve. That means cherishing the individual needs of residents and their families and putting those needs at the centre of everything we do each day.
More about our benefits:
- we offer truly competitive rates of pay plus excellent enhancements
- support with studies and diploma qualifications (depending on job role)
- excellent inductions, training and ‘on the job’ support
- you’ll be trained to the nationally recognised ‘care certificate’ standard
- we provide fantastic homely environments
- work with friendly teams and a great support network of internal professionals
- offer real career progression opportunities
- reward you for recommending others to work for Colten Care
- we annually review salaries and hourly pay rates
- paid breaks
- additional hours / overtime opportunities
- hot meal on duty if worked 8 hours or more
- free uniforms provided
- contributory pension scheme
- background checks at no cost to you
More about us:
Colten Care is an expanding family-owned business with 20 beautifully appointed care homes across Dorset, Hampshire, Wiltshire and West Sussex. Our services include residential, general nursing, dementia and short-stay care. We are a prestigious, award-winning healthcare provider that champions the latest approaches to person-centred care. Each of our homes has a distinct character while retaining that all-important sense of ‘home.’ We play an active role in furthering dementia friendly communities as part of our work.
Our aims are simple: to be recognised as both the care home ‘provider of choice’ and ‘employer of choice.’
More contact info: Get in touch with the team on 01425 460960.
Note: Your employment is subject to the receipt of two satisfactory job references plus an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) background check.