Knowing that you’re making a difference to people’s lives is rewarding in itself. But our many roles offer much more than that. As well as helping you grow and develop your talent, we want you to feel proud of where you work and what you do.
Mildmay Oaks is a low secure and locked rehabilitation service for men and women with learning disabilities and autistic spectrum disorders. Our full care pathway includes the following facilities:
Low secure, learning disability (18 male beds)
Locked rehabilitation, learning disability (13 male beds and 8 female beds)
Mildmay Oaks aims to meet the needs of people with learning disabilities and encourage them to achieve their potential of safe living in the least restrictive environment.
- Primary nurse responsibility for an allocated caseload of patients.
- To plan and implement nursing care of individual patients paying particular attention to areas of nursing risk management.
- Will work 60% super numerary and 40% in the staffing numbers.
- To attend clinical team meetings and CPA reviews, actively participating in Multi-Disciplinary assessment and treatment planning.
- To assist in the co-ordination of nursing activity over a 24-hour period to include adequate rostering, grade and skill mix provision.
- To attend department/ward meetings as directed. To actively participate in the planning of service developments.
- To work closely with the Director of Clinical Services, accepting joint responsibility for nursing operations.
- To deputise for the Director of Clinical Services in his or her absence.
- To provide supervision of staff, and development of nursing interventions within the unit to improve quality.
- To promote understanding of Clinical governance within the ward nursing team.
- To promote understanding of and engagement in the principals of Recovery.
- You will be required to work a 60/40 split.