Business Manager – Product, Investments and Collaboration COO
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Business Manager – Product, Investments and Collaboration COO in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The purpose of the role is to deliver the central Product, Investments and Collaboration (‘PIC’) COO team’s strategic, regulatory, risk & control and governance objectives, and to collaborate effectively with other local and global PIC teams to this end. The role will be within the GPB PIC COO team who supports the PIC function in the management of the business by providing assistance in strategy implementation, project management, business and performance oversight, and taking responsibility for the strength and effectiveness of the first line of defence for PIC through oversight of the risk and control framework.
The Business Manager PIC COO will take ownership of and deliver a portfolio of operational, infrastructure and organisational tasks and projects in line with PIC objectives, work in partnership with PIC functions such as Product Development & Governance, Global Products, Advisory, Managed Solutions, PIC Global Head Business Manager, Chief Control Office, Transformation, Finance, to delivering growth, strategic and operational initiatives and support the PIC COO in executing and co-ordinating the PIC strategy, and sponsoring and/or steering broader organisational transformation
The role holder will be required to collaborate with other GPB Booking Centres in delivering growth initiatives as relevant, to make sure there is global consistency and synergy. They will work with Regulatory Compliance to ensure initiatives meet regulatory requirements Private Bank products and services are distributed to clients in compliance with laws and regulations and provide input into governance fora on strategic and operational initiatives, including writing and presenting papers and providing both written and verbal updates
The Business Manager PIC COO will act as first line of defence within PIC, designing and executing BAU business controls. They will be able to partner the Risk, Regulatory Compliance and Control Office functions to oversee risk management issues across PIC, ensuring that business activities comply with Group policies and external regulators' requirements, own and manage PIC-related Audit, RCMAT, BRCM, SQA, FCC and other Control Office associated work, making sure there is global applicability as appropriate and investigate operational incidents and events, identifying root causes and remedial actions, and making sure incidents are effectively logged.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and be required to demonstrate the following:
- University bachelor’s degree or higher
- Relevant working experience/understanding of Investment Products, Operations, Risk & Control, Regulations and Finance. Private Banking experience highly desirable
- Proven experience in an environment that demands organisational agility and getting results through effective management of processes; possess capacity to define problems and find effective solutions; ability to relate to people at all levels both internally and externally
- Very strong administrative, management and presentational skills
- Highly organised with very exemplary attention to detail
- Highly adaptable with an ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and independently
- Must possess excellent presentation, interpersonal, negotiation, communication and analytical skills
- Very strong written and verbal communicator
- Knowledge of PIC product suite a plus
- Strong IT skills (Excel, PPT, Word)
- Certificate in Investment Management and/or other recognised professional banking/investment qualifications beneficial
Closing dates for applications 3rd December 2018