Finance Senior Associate Consulting Private Cluster
The primary purpose of the Finance Senior Associate is to assist the Finance Manager/Finance Leader in providing commercial and financial decision support to the Consulting Financial Services business. Working closely with other groups such as business development, human capital and resourcing in supporting the Finance Leader and business unit.
This role is an exciting opportunity to build on existing finance skills and competences in a distinctive and dynamic part of a Consulting business.
About the role
Main areas of responsibility -
Business strategy & strategic planning -
- Use business insights and detailed analysis to provide the business and Finance Manager with support and guidance on monthly and full year revenue positions.
- Own and lead an industry sector(s) including being the first point of contact for the leadership team in relation to the sector.
- Provide ad hoc support to the Finance Leader/Finance Manager, responsible for sourcing information and providing quality analysis of information.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the business issues and applying market, industry and firm knowledge.
- Supporting finance leads and the business in the annual planning and forecasting processes as required.
- Providing commercial insight by providing performance improvement advice to the business and working closely with both the Commercial Team on complex material engagements.
Performance management & improvement -
- Provides and communicates interpretation of the monthly financial results and commentary to the Cluster Manager and leadership.
- Responsible for monitoring areas of financial performance against Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) held in the financial scorecard, escalating issues where management action is required, with supporting analysis.
- Assists in conducting regular partner/director portfolio reviews, promoting best practice.
- Support the business
- Provide effective cover for Finance Manager when necessary.
Financial control & compliance -
- Provide Finance manager and engagement teams with relevant accounting advice to support through the audit and year end processes.
- Provide Sector with relevant Financial Control expertise to ensure revenue recognition and accounting standards are achieved throughout the sector.
- Providing local financial risk knowledge to the Financial Control centre of excellence and support the central team with complex queries that require local business insight.
- Providing local intelligence to the Financial Control centre of excellence in line with agreed guidelines.
- Works in close partnership with the Financial Control centre of excellence to encourage a culture of strong financial discipline and adoption of One Firm financial policies and procedures within the business unit.
The individual -
- Commercially minded with a business understanding
- Effective collaborator with the ability to adapt communication style to meet the needs of the situation and audience.
- Ability to think broadly, ask questions and keep up to date with relevant technical and economic developments.
- Consistently delivers on multiple commitments and uses initiative in completion of tasks.
- Builds rapport quickly and engages personally with colleagues in the wider
Finance team and also across the business.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written forms.
- Develops and promotes a thorough knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Action orientated and always seeks to make constructive suggestions for improvements in existing processes
- Committed to producing high quality work and takes responsibility to analyse for accuracy and relevance.
- Takes ownership for personal development.
- Experience of working in a OneFinance role and knowledge of systems
- Strong Excel skills
- Finance background or interest in building a finance career
Internal firm services
In order to deliver a first-class service to our clients, we need first-class support internally. Internal firm services is a network of specialist support professionals and includes marketing, recruitment, human capital, finance, technology, learning and development, procurement, to name but a few. Each team plays a vital role in making sure we have all the right resources, services and technology across our business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity