Senior C++ Software Engineer
Job Title: Senior C++ Software Engineer
Salary: £40,000 p.a.
Job Type: Permanent
Posting Date: 01/11/2018
Closing Date: 30/11/2018
A pioneer in online trading, ICM Capital is an award-winning UK regulated online trading company. With headquarters in London and offices in the Middle East, North Africa and Asia, ICM is your gateway to straightforward foreign exchange, commodities and CFD trading.
Unlock your potential at ICM Capital.
ICM Capital is seeking a Senior C++ Software Engineer to join the Algorithm Development Team. You will be working as part of a small 10-person team perfecting and improving the Trading Algorithms. The role will give you massive exposure to developing C++ Algorithms and the opportunity to further your knowledge and expertise working among highly skilled traders.
Main duties of the role include:
As part of the development team:
- You will be focused on building, enhancing and maintaining the trading systems that powers the company`s trading strategies. As C++ developer you will be responsible for writing efficient code as per business requirement, manual and automated(Integration and unit) testing and system troubleshooting (debugging code , crash dump analysis and root cause analysis) .
- Perform source code management, maintaining source code repositories, automating CI builds and enforcing SCM standards. You will also define/manage branching and merging process for code repository.
- Develop internal business reports using MySQL or SQL Server. Understand business logics and data sources and setup regular reports for business users. Write SQL queries and automate daily/ weekly/ monthly reports. Type of reports to be created: Profit / Loss Calculation, Rebates receivables/ payables, Gap finding reports to increase sales/ profits.
- Understanding Compliance requirement and provide data for Compliance purpose like MIFIR, EMIR, RTS27, RTS28, Segregated report.
- Identify opportunities for improved performance in SQL operations and implementations.
- You will be involved in Configuring MT4/MT5 application as per the business requirement and development, maintenance and configuration of Plugins for MT4/MT5.
Our ideal candidate must have:
- Through knowledge of the C++ standard library, STL containers (vector, array, list, deque, associative containers, hashed containers), and algorithms (sorting, searching, transformations).
- Strong working knowledge of C++/C#/.Net in Windows environment, with Visual Studio 2015/2017.
- Development expertise on Boost libraries, Python, Shell scripting.
- Experience in writing and analysing stored procedure and SQL queries in MYSQL for creating business logic, reports, exports and other data related output and recommending amendments for improved performance.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning and review tools such as Git, Bitbucket, Upsource.
- Good working knowledge of FX trading and financial concepts.
- Product knowledge of Meta Trader 4/Meta Trader 5.
- Demonstrated skills in: C++ 14 ,C# , Dot Net, Multi-threading, STL, Boost Libraries, Socket Programming , MYSQL, MT4/MT5.
- Minimum of 5 years' of professional experience in C++ and MYSQL development.
In addition to the above, it is desirable that the candidate have:
- Demonstrated skills in Python, Unix Shell Scripting, Visual Studio 2017, GIT, Bitbucket.
- Knowledge of other databases such as MSSQL, PostgreSQL
- Development experience in Meta Trader 5 Server Side Plugin Development.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter.