Procurement Manager, IT
A global Marketing and Communications company has an opportunity for an experienced IT Category Manager to join their IT/technology procurement team in central London. This is an exciting time to join the company because there is investment in new technology and the Procurement team is expanding.
The company has a relaxed, sociable and not heavily corporate culture. Reporting into a Senior Category Manager, the role will have accountability for predominantly the software category.
There are multiple, exciting strategic procurement projects that this role will investigate and manage, building and leading cross-functional project teams to address initiatives identified. This will include managing global contracts with suppliers like Adobe and Microsoft; IT Security and working closely with the IT Operations team to support the commercials around the development of a software catalogue platform as well as broader Cloud procurement projects.
• End to end ownership of multiple IT software categories on a global (145 countries), cross-brand basis
• Utilise strategic sourcing, demand management and SRM techniques to deliver operation and cost improvements
• Proactively interrogate IT budgets to identify opportunity and risk
• Communicate, and build relationships, with Director level stakeholders to gain commitment to category plans
• Ownership of end to end supplier lifecycle
Skills and experience required:
• An experienced and self-motivated procurement professional with proven knowledge in the IT category, preferably some experience in software, and end to end knowledge of the strategic sourcing process
• Keen to work for an evolving and agile media and communications business and as part of a sociable and dynamic Procurement team
• Able to win and drive the strategic direction of a category
• Experienced in managing cross-functional project teams
• Excellent communication and influencing skills with experience of working at CIO level or equivalent
• Degree or equivalent calibre