Junior Software Engineer (Java/C++)
A Junior Software Engineer is required by prestigious organisation in their Winfrith offices.
As the Junior Software Engineer, you will joining the software team to design, implement, test and integrate quality software. Provide technical support to customers and other teams. Working with the technical and commercial teams, you will assist in the designs and prototype of new product components and functionality. Convert algorithms designed by the algorithm team into the software. Peer review documentation and code.
You will be passionate about software development, be knowledgeable in emerging technologies, which will allow you to play a part in moving the business forward.
What's in it for the Junior Software Engineer?
- A Competitive Salary
- You will be working closely with senior level software developers
- Working for a company with an excellent reputation
- Excellent benefits package including contributory pension, Life Cover, income protection and much more
- Working in a company who invest in their team (including certifications & subscriptions)
- Excellent Career Development opportunities
- You will be working within industry leading teams and people
Essential Skills for the Junior Software Engineer:
- Degree in Maths or Computer Science or Physics or Computer Science or a Maths/Physics degree with software content
- 2+ years' experience in software development across the full software lifecycle
- Java or C++ experience
- Ability to convert algorithms and convert in to real-time software
- Be able to take raw data and develop own algorithms to process it - either real-time or off-line
- Genuine interest in software development and emerging technologies
- Positive can do attitude
- Strong communication skills
Desirable Skills for the Junior Software Engineer:
- Experience in Sonar/Radar
- Knowledge of Signal Processing (FFTs, IIR + FIR Filtering, Tracking)
- Knowledge of Matlab/Python
If you have the essential skills, keen to work as a Junior Software Engineer and wanting to work for a company who invest in their technology and staff, then please apply via the link.