£33,000 - £37,000 + Excellent Benefits
We have an excellent opportunity with one of our major clients based in Hendon. As a company they have one of the largest IT Estates in the UK which is currently engaged with by several million customers per year. They are one of the leading government departments covering various areas including Homeland Security, Public Safety and Borders, and Immigration and Citizenship.
* Build, configure, transition, administer and support database technologies and solutions.
* Proactively resolve technical problems, ensuring that technical solutions continue to meet business requirements taking accountability for actions taken and decisions made.
* Respond to incident reports, ensuring relevant prioritisation and detail to allow for effective investigation.
* Identify the correct procedures and appropriate channels for resolution and monitor resolution activities and progress updates to users etc
* You will have some experience of maintaining and supporting some of the following database management systems:
* SQL Server.
* An understanding of the underlying concepts as they relate to different OS systems Windows, Linux and Mainframe technologies.
* An understanding of core technical concepts related to your role and ability to build solutions.
* Able to dissect a problem into its component parts to identify and diagnose root causes, not necessarily in an IT environment.
* A willingness to participate in occasional out of hours work and on-call rota once training has been completed. Please apply by following the link provided or contact Jonny Mills at Experis for further details